Everyone needs to contact their Ford dealer.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Don't tease me
Well, on the downside of that largely theoretical scenario is that it would mean them showing up in the last 2-3 weeks of the year. That's cutting it awfully tight to make in into 2020. Any blip could push that into January.

So... hopeful. But far from a sure thing. Plus it is 2020 - the craziest, most unpredictable year in our lifetimes. So there is that. ?
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
What makes me think we *might* see all the (North America) FEs delivered by the end of Dec is that they might all be made in Oct/Nov and just sit on the lot waiting for OKTB (supposedly late Nov). Looks like there's room for at least 3500 cars on the plant lots from the satellite pics, and if we're estimating about 2000 NA FEs, they could all queue up there. Then once the OKTB is given, 2000 could ship out over the last week of Nov, arriving mid-Dec.

No idea if that WILL happen, but looks like it's possible.
They may even pre-load them on rail cars -- again, I'm being hopeful. Of course, loading is quick, so that probably doesn't make sense.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
They may even pre-load them on rail cars -- again, I'm being hopeful. Of course, loading is quick, so that probably doesn't make sense.
loading is very quick and done by a third party so wouldn't help much. But i like the way you think.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Probably no need for that. There's a rail spur right on the Cuautitlan plant that should be able to load about 500 vehicles. Not sure how long it takes and what the scheduling is like for getting them off lot and hooked to a train heading north. And then 30 empty carriers brough back in for the next batch. (Would love to see a video on that.)

Just guessing, but maybe one load per day? So ~500 a day?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Everyone needs to contact their Ford dealer. Firefox_Screenshot_2020-09-04T16-21-54.829Z

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Probably no need for that. There's a rail spur right on the Cuautitlan plant that should be able to load about 500 vehicles. Not sure how long it takes and what the scheduling is like for getting them off lot and hooked to a train heading north. And then 30 empty carriers brough back in for the next batch. (Would love to see a video on that.)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Everyone needs to contact their Ford dealer. Firefox_Screenshot_2020-09-04T16-21-54.829Z
Yes, I've seen the loading videos. But that's another DAY!

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, I've seen the loading videos. But that's another DAY!
I posted one a few weeks ago, but it was just a video showing it happening with no commentary. I'd love to see a documentary-type of video describing the process, timing, etc.