Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
So, did my first 7 hour trip from Richmond, VA to Cleveland, OH! Ring the First Timer Bell!

Used the Ford Navigation, Default was fastest route, going to Cleveland It routed me to 2 EVGo stations, which are out of network. Is this normal?

At the station below, my MME would not connect to the 350 (tall Signet) charger, No communications at all, tried strating from the station, then the app, nothing, Moved to the 100 kw (Squatty Delta) station, and everything worked.

Now, to add more intrigue, the station you see below had a MME charge to 80% and left, and I even slid over and tried again to connect and NO CHARGE FOR ME.

Any Ideas?

Ford Mustang Mach-E EVGo Equipment - Issue with Fast Signet Unit 1662593811670

On the way home, the Ford Navigation picked 3 EA stations. First 2 worked like a champ, the 3rd WAS A DISASTER only 2 stations out of 6 worked. the folks charging there told me it's been that way for months. I called EA, and they said they know.. Anyway, both individuals left early to let me get enough charge to make it home.

I also noticed that the Ford Nav will swap in/out chargers as it deems necessary. I think the final station was different then when I first routed, but dont' remember if I was told there was a change..

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
So, did my first 7 hour trip from Richmond, VA to Cleveland, OH! Ring the First Timer Bell!

Used the Ford Navigation, Default was fastest route, going to Cleveland It routed me to 2 EVGo stations, which are out of network. Is this normal?

At the station below, my MME would not connect to the 350 (tall Signet) charger, No communications at all, tried strating from the station, then the app, nothing, Moved to the 100 kw (Squatty Delta) station, and everything worked.

Now, to add more intrigue, the station you see below had a MME charge to 80% and left, and I even slid over and tried again to connect and NO CHARGE FOR ME.

Any Ideas?

On the way home, the Ford Navigation picked 3 EA stations. First 2 worked like a champ, the 3rd WAS A DISASTER only 2 stations out of 6 worked. the folks charging there told me it's been that way for months. I called EA, and they said they know.. Anyway, both individuals left early to let me get enough charge to make it home.

I also noticed that the Ford Nav will swap in/out chargers as it deems necessary. I think the final station was different then when I first routed, but dont' remember if I was told there was a change..

Thoughts?
Thatā€™s really weird because itā€™s usually the FatBoy stations (on the right) that were giving the MME trouble, Ford issued a software update to older vehicles to fix. Iā€™ve had absolutely no problems with the signet units, they actually give a really high peak charging rate. I wonder if your car has any DTCs currently, do you have CarScanner and OBD tool to hook up and check?

I know Iā€™ve seen it throw a code sometimes on this forum and then it will limit charging due to some sort of DC fast charge error. Would be worth checking out.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag

Any Ideas?

Thoughts?
You need the OBCC update so the other charger will work.

OP
OP
Av8tor

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Hum, Well there it is on my list of wanted updates! Is this an OTA thing, or Do I need to goto the dealership?

Ford Mustang Mach-E EVGo Equipment - Issue with Fast Signet Unit 1662596807208

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Hum, Well there it is on my list of wanted updates! Is this an OTA thing, or Do I need to goto the dealership?

Ford Mustang Mach-E EVGo Equipment - Issue with Fast Signet Unit 1662596807208
Dealer thing. You can mention SSM 50923 or TSB 22-2264 as references.