Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
EVolve-NY is slowly (as in government slow) building out DCFC along New York's Interstate corridors. You can check out the map here: https://www.nypa.gov/innovation/initiatives/evolve-ny

They have so far put three encircling the Adirondacks with one planned for Lake Placid. A couple on the Thruway just East and West of Syracuse that just went live (not on the Map as operational yet as of today). Three other locations. Hoping they fill in the south of Syracuse ones along 81 by the end of this year.
Sponsored

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I'm so glad to see them finally add a couple in north of Syracuse! It will be nice to know I can take a road trip from my home,60 miles north of watertown, and not have to worry about finding chargers along 81 until I get to the pennsylvania border.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I’d say EvolveNY is doing a fair job. Several charging stations on I90 have come online in the time I’ve had my car.... less than 2 months.

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
This guy from Massachusetts was at the Watertown DCFC location recently. Had some issues but got charged.

Hopefully, maintenance which, seems to be an issue with all charging locations, will have them up all up and running soon.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
This guy from Massachusetts was at the Watertown DCFC location recently. Had some issues but got charged.

Hopefully, maintenance which, seems to be an issue with all charging locations, will have them up all up and running soon.
I’ve used that station a couple times. It’s only 9 miles from my house. It works fine. However, for his Bolt, there is a special note in PlugShare from the operator:
Ford Mustang Mach-E EVolve-NY Charging Station Locations and Planned Locations B82A2B55-410D-4C19-86F5-F6AFB9EF0D16

I watched the video to see if he did this and he did not. I don’t blame him for not knowing, but at least EvolveNY is acknowledging and trying to let people know.

Also, I left a mediocre review on PlugShare about their site in Malone and they were messaging me before I could even get out of the parking lot. They are trying to put out a good product.

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
He had a much better session at the fairly new Oneonta, NY location today. This location has EA stations.

EVolveNY has a few Mirabito locations planned. Really hope the one near Binghamton gets installed this year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Here's PlugandPlayEV's video on his Adirondack trip which checked more EvolveNY and a couple of other charging locations and how they worked for him.

Very informative. Sure hope Evolve NY can hit its installation goals for this year and next. It would really fill in New York nicely including popular tourist areas like Watkins Glen and Ithaca.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Oh. Hadn’t been to the Oneonta one yet. I work down that way sometimes. Maybe next time I’m there I’ll take my own car and forego the company rental.
Sponsored