Expensive Chalkboard - Can these scratches be fixed?

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
Ugh… I made the mistake of letting my kids play outside unsupervised when the MME was parked in the driveway and came back to this 😩. The 4.5 year old used a rock to draw on my car.

no parenting advice needed, consequences have already been applied. Any advice on a DIY solution? Can this be “buffed out”? This is my commuter car, so perfection is not needed, just trying to avoid a large expense…
Ford Mustang Mach-E Expensive Chalkboard - Can these scratches be fixed? IMG_3803
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Yikes.

Many years ago, the neighborhood terror used his tiny hammer to break every light and reflector on his dad's pickup truck. The WTF was heard round the world...

garyd9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT
. Any advice on a DIY solution? Can this be “buffed out”? This is my commuter car, so perfection is not needed, just trying to avoid a large expense…
You can try something like ScratchX, but I'm guessing those scratches are too deep to buff out. You can also use touch-up paint to cover the scratches (and reduce rusting risk.)

Some detail shops are very talented in what they can do with touch-up paint and buffing - and that's usually much cheaper than what a body shop would charge.

OP
OP
axelheimer24

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yikes.

Many years ago, the neighborhood terror used his tiny hammer to break every light and reflector on his dad's pickup truck. The WTF was heard round the world...
I kept my cool. Luckily for my son I view my MME as a (very fun) utility, but he knew he made a huge mistake. He actually told me before I found it because he couldn’t handle the guilt. I’m confident he won’t do it again.

OP
OP
axelheimer24

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can try something like ScratchX, but I'm guessing those scratches are too deep to buff out. You can also use touch-up paint to cover the scratches (and reduce rusting risk.)

Some detail shops are very talented in what they can do with touch-up paint and buffing - and that's usually much cheaper than what a body shop would charge.
Good call on the detail shop. I figured a body shop would want to paint the full panel and do blending, etc. I’ll start there and see what they quote me.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
no parenting advice needed, consequences have already been applied
I applaud you for letting your kids play unsupervised! Encourage the "free range parenting" - and sorry about the scratches, I got a nasty door ding the other day, Ford said they have a guy that comes in that can do it for $150 (we will see), so that might be a decent option.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Hmm, no rapid red clearcoat metallic at that site.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I applaud you for letting your kids play unsupervised! Encourage the "free range parenting" - and sorry about the scratches, I got a nasty door ding the other day, Ford said they have a guy that comes in that can do it for $150 (we will see), so that might be a decent option.
That's call PDR (Paintless Dent Repair) and not the same.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Hmmm, going the opposite direction than some of previous posters....Do you keep the kid is the real question!! 😂 😂 😂

In all seriousness, that stinks!!! Hope the Detailing Guys or dentless paint guys can help you!!!

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
When my kids drew on the walls and furniture, it always made me laugh. My advice, threat it that way.

On day we were moving I found some caveman art under the coffee table by my 5 year old.
Sponsored