Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Premium RWD, ER, Infinite Blue, Space Grey
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Expensive Repair for Minor Part IMG_1014

I went out to the garage yesterday morning and noticed that the black plastic trim under the rear quarter window was missing. I went to my local Ford store to see about getting a new part and was told it would cost $882, as the part was included with the actual window! Of course, it's covered under warranty, but Jeez!
Sponsored

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
I feel your pain, my wifes 2014 mini cooper has a bad tailight (no running lights left side) tried to check the "bulb" only to find out its an LED assembly for the entire tail,brake,reverse light at $1200 to replace!
currently trying to source a used one.

Tony

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I feel your pain, my wifes 2014 mini cooper has a bad tailight (no running lights left side) tried to check the "bulb" only to find out its an LED assembly for the entire tail,brake,reverse light at $1200 to replace!
currently trying to source a used one.

Tony
I had a similar situation with a 2007 Honda Fit. The lens on my fog light was cracked and they wouldn't pass it through state inspection as a result. You couldn't order just the lens you had to order a whole new set of fog lights for > $1,000. I said aren't fog lights optional anyway, and they said if you have them they can't be cracked. So I just took them out of the car and they passed it, then replaced the lens myself with a $10 piece of Lexane and put them back. Stuff like this is frustrating that you can't buy just a small part.
Sponsored