Expiration date on Private offer certificate? January 3, 2023 is when the certificate expires ?

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
So I got a dealer update on my '22 -> '23 order - knowing now the private offer ($6,000) that @electricpony619 just posted in another thread - I see something else:

In the email, my dealer attached certificate information.

She didn't know the private offer at the time order last month which she circled in yellow (Benefit).

There is an effective date (8/29/22) and expiration date (1/3/23).

Does this mean that I can expect the delivery of my MME before 1/3/23 ??

Sure would make a nice holiday gift ....

Ford Mustang Mach-E Expiration date on Private offer certificate? January 3, 2023 is when the certificate expires  ? Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 11.20.15 AM
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
No, it doesn't mean that. It's likely an ORDER BY date. Even if it's a deadline, it wouldn't be enforced if Ford delivers after that date.

It's basically meaningless to you.

Mach-eee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT
Country flag
Would be nice but the last day to place a replacement order is 11/30/22 which would make it impossible to get by 1/3/23

Moomin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 civic hybrid - upgrading to MME 4 Premium
Country flag
Maybe Ford changed their minds again and will deduct it now if you accept it and you need to accept it before 1/3?

OP
OP
4sallypat

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Would be nice but the last day to place a replacement order is 11/30/22 which would make it impossible to get by 1/3/23
Even if my order went in last month, with Ford changing to priority code 1 - can it happen ??

Mach-eee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT
Country flag
Even if my order went in last month, with Ford changing to priority code 1 - can it happen ??
Chat ford and check what your code is now on your new '23 order, it's going to be either 10 or 19. If we get scheduled for November we have a chance

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Stop worrying about it.

My 2021 was converted to a 2022 in October 2021. The email I got said "Place order or take new retail delivery from an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer's stock by 1/3/22".

Order was "placed" in October 2021. Car was delivered in May 2022. No issues at all.

OP
OP
4sallypat

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Stop worrying about it.

My 2021 was converted to a 2022 in October 2021. The email I got said "Place order or take new retail delivery from an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer's stock by 1/3/22".

Order was "placed" in October 2021. Car was delivered in May 2022. No issues at all.
You are correct!

I just asked Tim Bartz @LongMcArthurFord in KS and he said on a live YT video that as long as my order went in before the expiration date, I am good.

I can now relax!

Thanks @RickMachE !

Seriolly

First Name
Sergei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Country flag
I also have the "private offer" that expires on 1/3/23. My car is in transit to the dealership right now, with an ETA 1/3/23. My dealer said that if the purchase happens after 1/3/23 when the "private offer" expires, it can't be applied. I told them this should not be true, but they insisted. I called Ford. They actually told me the same, that the "private offer" has to be valid on the date of the purchase.

So I don't know what will happens with my "private offer" at this point.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I also have the "private offer" that expires on 1/3/23. My car is in transit to the dealership right now, with an ETA 1/3/23. My dealer said that if the purchase happens after 1/3/23 when the "private offer" expires, it can't be applied. I told them this should not be true, but they insisted. I called Ford. They actually told me the same, that the "private offer" has to be valid on the date of the purchase.

Stupid dealer. Wrong. Read the offer.

RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag

Hey I have some recent experience with this. Believe it or not, my problem was an order date before the first date the private offer is valid for.

For whatever reason, my order date was hard coded to 8/26, and the special offer was only valid 8/29 to 1/3 just like you. It also showed $0 but the dealer clicked around and showed me the pricing of $8500 on the CA Rt1, $3000 on my select, etc.

So, long story short, it was basing the validity off of order date and mine was F'd up. Have them verify your 2023 order is 8/30 or September-ish, you should be good.

What ended up happening with me, the dealer said F it, we'll get the $3k back from Ford later, sign over the private offer to us and we'll figure it out, and they put a $3,000 generic "REBATE" on my sales order form. OTD I financed about $51k on a 2023 Mach E Select AWD.

Seriolly

First Name
Sergei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Country flag
Hey I have some recent experience with this. Believe it or not, my problem was an order date before the first date the private offer is valid for.

For whatever reason, my order date was hard coded to 8/26, and the special offer was only valid 8/29 to 1/3 just like you. It also showed $0 but the dealer clicked around and showed me the pricing of $8500 on the CA Rt1, $3000 on my select, etc.

So, long story short, it was basing the validity off of order date and mine was F'd up. Have them verify your 2023 order is 8/30 or September-ish, you should be good.

What ended up happening with me, the dealer said F it, we'll get the $3k back from Ford later, sign over the private offer to us and we'll figure it out, and they put a $3,000 generic "REBATE" on my sales order form. OTD I financed about $51k on a 2023 Mach E Select AWD.
Oh, my order date is 08/26/2022.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh, my order date is 08/26/2022.
Again, READ THE EMAIL YOU GOT.

It has the terms on it.

I copied the terms from the email I got below (note the 2 words I bolded):

*New 2022MY vehicles: $750 on Mustang Mach-E, Edge, Escape, Explorer, EcoSport, Bronco™ Sport, Ranger, Transit Cutaway, Transit Van and Transit Wagon. Excludes 2022MY Bronco SUV, Maverick, F-150 Lightning,™ F-150 Tremor,™ F-150 Raptor,™ Mustang Mach 1 and Mustang Shelby® GT500®. May not combine with other private or commercial offers, conquest cash, owner loyalty and lease renewal programs. A/Z/D/X-Plan eligible. Transferable within household. U.S. residents. Prior purchases not eligible. Place order or take new retail delivery from an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer's stock by 1/3/22. See dealer for details. Dealer: Claim in VINCENT using #38278 or #38276 and customer ID.

Last edited:

RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
Again, READ THE EMAIL YOU GOT.

It has the terms on it.

I copied the terms from the email I got below (note the 2 words I bolded):

*New 2022MY vehicles: $750 on Mustang Mach-E, Edge, Escape, Explorer, EcoSport, Bronco™ Sport, Ranger, Transit Cutaway, Transit Van and Transit Wagon. Excludes 2022MY Bronco SUV, Maverick, F-150 Lightning,™ F-150 Tremor,™ F-150 Raptor,™ Mustang Mach 1 and Mustang Shelby® GT500®. May not combine with other private or commercial offers, conquest cash, owner loyalty and lease renewal programs. A/Z/D/X-Plan eligible. Transferable within household. U.S. residents. Prior purchases not eligible. Place order or take new retail delivery from an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer's stock by 1/3/22. See dealer for details. Dealer: Claim in VINCENT using #38278 or #38276 and customer ID.
Bro you keep adamantly replying to these posts and saying we are all wrong, yet you're basing everything on your experience with the 2021-2022 process? The order date fell outside of the valid dates on the private offer and it caused Smart Vincent to return an error. I saw this with my own two eyes. This was when I picked up my converted order 2023 Mach E in late November. I was one of the first people to take delivery of a '23 and the dealer had me watch everything they did, showed me all information they had on the private offer, and they explained how they went through a lot of these on the Bronco already.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bro you keep adamantly replying to these posts and saying we are all wrong, yet you're basing everything on your experience with the 2021-2022 process? The order date fell outside of the valid dates on the private offer and it caused Smart Vincent to return an error. I saw this with my own two eyes. This was when I picked up my converted order 2023 Mach E in late November. I was one of the first people to take delivery of a '23 and the dealer had me watch everything they did, showed me all information they had on the private offer, and they explained how they went through a lot of these on the Bronco already.
Bro, don't think I was responding to you.

While it may be a problem, as it was for you, that Vincent didn't show the right terms of the offer, Bro, if the offer sent to the customer says the right terms, then that's what matters and it's up to the dealer and Ford to figure that part out, as apparently the smart person at your dealer did.

Not smart is relying on someone else's experience without at least READING what you received from Ford. I didn't see that you said "the offer I received from Ford had different dates than the dealer's system showed", but even if it did, as I said it's the offer to the customer that's going to carry the day.

Have a good day, bro.
Sponsored