Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I debated putting this into "off topic" but since this should be the same basic software powering what the Explorer is doing here and what the Mach-E will be doing I put it into the main side:

press release: 2020 Ford Explorer Earns Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s Top Safety Pick+, the Institute’s Highest Honor | Ford Media Center

clearly Ford knows who they are going after with the direct reference to the Model 3.

Does the Model 3 have cross-traffic alert yet? I'd think that's part of the evaluation here but it's not clear to me from the IIHS web site how much that matters.
Sponsored

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I guess these things take time. I'm not sure when the Explorer was available for sale as I know they were sent to Michigan from Chicago for repairs. Wikipedia states they have been produced since May 2019. So just now the IIHS results are available?

I guess they made some modifications for May 2020, so maybe I'm wrong.

OP
OP
GoGoGadgetMachE

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I guess these things take time. I'm not sure when the Explorer was available for sale as I know they were sent to Michigan from Chicago for repairs. Wikipedia states they have been produced since May 2019. So just now the IIHS results are available?

I guess they made some modifications for May 2020, so maybe I'm wrong.
I'm too lazy to go look again but pretty sure the IIHS site said that the results were for vehicles "built after May 2020" or some such.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I'm too lazy to go look again but pretty sure the IIHS site said that the results were for vehicles "built after May 2020" or some such.
Your right. I was confused. Apparently they received a poor rating in one area (lower leg) so made some adjustments.
Sponsored