Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
There expensive, but I like the peace of mind knowing if that big 15 inch screen goes bad its covered.

Just my opinion
Unless I missed it, the Ford extended warranty doesn’t list any EV specific parts in their examples list of covered items. What if the battery coolant pump goes bad, the cooling vents stop opening, or the electric motors aren’t working? Covering the engine doesn’t mean covering the drivetrain specific to EV’s. Is there an EV specific Ford extended warranty.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Unless I missed it, the Ford extended warranty doesn’t list any EV specific parts in their examples list of covered items. What if the battery coolant pump goes bad, the cooling vents stop opening, or the electric motors aren’t working? Covering the engine doesn’t mean covering the drivetrain specific to EV’s. Is there an EV specific Ford extended warranty.
Pumps and cooling vents are parts of the powertrain. Powertrain components are covered by the manufacturer's warranty for five years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first.

The electric motor(s) are covered for the lesser of eight years or 100,000 miles. Some other components are also under this higher level of coverage: high voltage battery assembly, Bussed Electrical Center (BEC), Battery Energy Control Module (BECM), on-board charger, Inverter System Controller (ISC), and DC/DC converter.

If you choose to buy the "PremiumCare" extended service contract from Ford, the plan brochure says that it covers Powertrain components which includes everything above except for the high voltage battery and cables, which it specifically excludes.

Last edited:

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Pumps and cooling vents are parts of the powertrain. Powertrain components are covered by the manufacturer's warranty for five years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first.

The electric motor(s) are covered for the lesser of eight years or 100,000 miles. Some other components are also under this higher level of coverage: high voltage battery assembly, Bussed Electrical Center (BEC), Battery Energy Control Module (BECM), on-board charger, Inverter System Controller (ISC), and DC/DC converter.

If you choose to buy the "PremiumCare" extended service contract from Ford, the plan brochure says that it covers Powertrain components which includes everything above except for the high voltage battery and cables, which it specifically excludes.
Has anyone had a breakdown that has tested the extended warranty? I previously purchased these warranties but never made a claim using it.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Has anyone had a breakdown that has tested the extended warranty? I previously purchased these warranties but never made a claim using it.
They are service contacts, not warranties. They are like buying insurance products but with terms even more restrictive than most insurance policies.

I had a PreniumCare service contract on the vehicle I owned in the late 2000s... It was okay but did not pay for itself... IIRC, I paid $1,800 for 7 years, 100,000 miles and $0 deductible for repairs.

Many items are excluded from coverage, like light bulbs and "trim" (most of what you see and touch such as door handles).

And, you must have covered service work performed at a Ford dealership's service center... Not even at a QuickLane. I didn't like having my options so restricted.
Sponsored