Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE GT/PE,'22 MBS550'16,MBC350'12,MBCLS550,'12
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I bought my ‘22 MME GT PE. Few years away still but has anyone bought or will pay for extended warranty? Advice on getting it sooner than later? How much for maximum amount of years?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Many threads on this.

Extended warranties are a "house wins" deal, in other words, you lose. Highly profitable item for a reason.

If you insist on getting one, online dealers like Flood Ford, Zeigler, Granger, and others offer them cheaper. You can price them yourself.

Same price if you buy within 12 months / 12,000 miles. Tad more expensive after that up to 36 months / 36,000 miles.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Keep in mind the battery pack / motors have an 8-yr or 100k miles warranty on them. If you use 1-PD, then your brakes are going to last a lot longer than an ICE car too. Tires will wear of course.
If you take good care of your vehicle, I'm just not sure which other things would be a reason to choose the extended warranty?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
If you use 1-PD, then your brakes are going to last a lot longer than an ICE car too.
The MME has blended braking, so you're getting regen regardless of whether or not you use 1PD. Not that it matters in this context since brake pads aren't covered by extended warranty plans anyway.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
I would strongly advise against buying an aftermarket service contract. Either get the Ford ESP or nothing. The aftermarket contracts find too many ways to deny coverage of repairs.

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
If you take good care of your vehicle, I'm just not sure which other things would be a reason to choose the extended warranty?
my GPS broke within the first 6 months. so.... let's just say i don't have a lot of confidence in year 7

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
my GPS broke within the first 6 months. so.... let's just say i don't have a lot of confidence in year 7
Electronics tend to either fail quickly due to a manufacturing defect or last forever. 😂. Extended service contracts tend to be a crap shoot overall. Statistics will tell you that you're wasting your money, like with most insurance. Sometimes Murphy's Law rears its ugly head and the insurance pays off. Each individual needs to decide how much peace of mind is worth to them.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Keep in mind the battery pack / motors have an 8-yr or 100k miles warranty on them. If you use 1-PD, then your brakes are going to last a lot longer than an ICE car too. Tires will wear of course.
I chose an 8 yr 96,000 mile ESP to coincide with the battery warranty. My reason is there are so many electronic things that can stop working and only Ford will be able to fix them.

Tires, brakes, and normal consumables aren’t covered. But included is flat bed towing and day 1 car rental.

If planning on owning for only 3 yrs 36,000 miles an ESP is not necessary.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I bought my ‘22 MME GT PE. Few years away still but has anyone bought or will pay for extended warranty? Advice on getting it sooner than later? How much for maximum amount of years?
I went with Granger for Ford ESP including interior/exterior lighting and lost key fob with $0 deductible. Granger will use your Ford Points towards the cost of the warranty. It knocked $120 off.

I've seen the LED light strips fail on headlights and it costs a silly amount. Likewise, surf the forum of people who bought an extra key fob in 2021. Those riders are worth it to me.

OP
OP
RAP

RAP

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE GT/PE,'22 MBS550'16,MBC350'12,MBCLS550,'12
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thank you all for your input.

question. While reading the Premium Care EV 1000 brochure on line. Don’t see the actual 15.5 screen listed as covered. I see synch my ford touch but that’s Microsoft Sw. What am I missing? Am in the camp of being safe than sorry. Hope to keep this car 8-10 years. Appears I can get a quote on line straight from ford.com

theriddler

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I went with Granger for Ford ESP including interior/exterior lighting and lost key fob with $0 deductible. Granger will use your Ford Points towards the cost of the warranty. It knocked $120 off.

I've seen the LED light strips fail on headlights and it costs a silly amount. Likewise, surf the forum of people who bought an extra key fob in 2021. Those riders are worth it to me.
Did you confirm with them that it is the PremiumCareEV version you bought and not the standard PremiumCare? Their website refers to it as PremiumCare and the brochure they link is for the ICE Premium Care and not the PremiumCareEv plan. I have emailed them and will let you know what response I get.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Did you confirm with them that it is the PremiumCareEV version you bought and not the standard PremiumCare? Their website refers to it as PremiumCare and the brochure they link is for the ICE Premium Care and not the PremiumCareEv plan. I have emailed them and will let you know what response I get.
Its the PremiumCare EV plan.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
I bought a 2013 Nissan LEAF 6 years ago. It now has close to 100K miles.
I’ve lost 1 out of the 12 bars of capacity.
All had to do to the car was 2 sets of tires and wipers once a year. Other than that 0 maintenance or problems.
The brake pads are still almost new.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
I bought a 2013 Nissan LEAF 6 years ago. It now has close to 100K miles.
I’ve lost 1 out of the 12 bars of capacity.
All had to do to the car was 2 sets of tires and wipers once a year. Other than that 0 maintenance or problems.
The brake pads are still almost new.
agree on EV maintenance - basically none, though i have heard that the leafs might need the transaxle grease repacked at some interval.

the "lizard" pack must be the real deal. i had a 2011 leaf and by the time we sold it in 2016 i had lost 4 bars. the car had a max range of about 60 miles at that point.
Sponsored