phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
anyone get the 100,000 mile/8 yr bumper to bumper.....cost I was quoted was about $2700.....opinions
Sponsored

noflipping

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium 4X, Focus Electric
Country flag
anyone get the 100,000 mile/8 yr bumper to bumper.....cost I was quoted was about $2700.....opinions
Sounds expensive. Check out Floodfordesp.com for another quote. You can buy it from anyone, btw.

I'm not even sure what will break. I've had a Focus Electric for 6 years and nothing has broken outside the 3/36 (even though they gave me a 6/100 policy for free - long story).

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I'm interested in what everyone else said regarding this as well. Also, what about the $800 thing that someone mentioned in another thread that included the inspections, tire rotation, cabin air filter replacements, and brake fluid flush. I don't know if that's a Ford thing, or just an individual dealership package.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Well . . . I went online (signed up with my email and also got the email discount code you see in the box) and the quote is a LOT less than that.
Ford Mustang Mach-E extended warranty??...worth it?? Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 11.13.19 AM

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Well . . . I went online (signed up with my email and also got the email discount code you see in the box) and the quote is a LOT less than that.
Ford Mustang Mach-E extended warranty??...worth it?? Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 11.13.19 AM
Can you link that site? I'm not seeing an option to sign in to get the discount code or even where to input a discount code.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

EyeOnMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X. Prev: Restored a 67 Mustang convertible
Country flag
Window shopped the Protect PremiumCare (highest). Looking over some of the info at https://www.lombardfordwarrantys.com/premiumcare.cfm ...

What´s Not Covered By Ford Protect PremiumCare
Bumpers, glass, moldings, ornamentation, paint, rust, sheet metal, structural underbody framework, sideview mirrors (glass and housing), rearview mirror (glass and housing), wheel covers, studs and ornaments, service adjustments (glass and body parts), convertible top and wheels.​
Service adjustments and cleaning, software upgrades, fixed (non-moving) body parts, batteries of all types and cables, belts, hoses, hose clamps, brakes (front hub, drums, shoes, linings, disc rotors, pads), manual transmission clutch disc, coolant, exhaust system (including catalytic converter), filters, fluids, lubricants, lights (bulbs, sealed beam, lenses), spark plugs, spark plug wires, squeaks and rattles, tires, tune-ups, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, LED lights, shock absorbers and compressed natural gas/liquid propane fuel system conversion components.​
Buttons, carpet, clamps, dash pad, door and window handles, knobs, trim, upholstery, CNG/LPG components, tires, water leaks, wind noise, weatherstrips, fabric, liners, zippers and fasteners.​

When I looked over the list of what IS COVERED, it looks like this plan is really more geared (no pun intended) toward for ICE vehicles. With EVs having a fraction of the parts of an ICE, there's not much it seems this warranty covers, at least among major components. On top of that I'm not seeing components relevant to EVs, e,g, motors. Perhaps I'm overlooking something but upon a cursory review it does not look like IMO it's worth it, even with the discount. Given that, everyone's comfort level is different when comes to purchasing warranties. None the less, thoughts?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My dealer offered me the PremiumCare, 8 year/100,000, $0 deductible, $1880

They originally said $3200. And I just said I'll buy it at cost online, and he said I'll sell it to you at our cost if you want it. I still didn't do it as he said he'd do it anytime. I'm planning on waiting until closer to the end of my factory warranty and see if I'm going to keep it or not. The price only goes up $100 if you wait more than 12 months to sign up. As long as you're still in the factory warranty you can add it on.

Othentic

First Name
Benoit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium | Audi Q5 | Hyundai Kona Electric
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
Took the 6 yr / 120,000km here in Canada. For a brand new platform like that, i disn’t want to take a chance. It was 2,7k CAD

cassmoney0523

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo S90, 2018 MB GLC300
Occupation
physician
Country flag
Window shopped the Protect PremiumCare (highest). Looking over some of the info at https://www.lombardfordwarrantys.com/premiumcare.cfm ...

What´s Not Covered By Ford Protect PremiumCare
Bumpers, glass, moldings, ornamentation, paint, rust, sheet metal, structural underbody framework, sideview mirrors (glass and housing), rearview mirror (glass and housing), wheel covers, studs and ornaments, service adjustments (glass and body parts), convertible top and wheels.​
Service adjustments and cleaning, software upgrades, fixed (non-moving) body parts, batteries of all types and cables, belts, hoses, hose clamps, brakes (front hub, drums, shoes, linings, disc rotors, pads), manual transmission clutch disc, coolant, exhaust system (including catalytic converter), filters, fluids, lubricants, lights (bulbs, sealed beam, lenses), spark plugs, spark plug wires, squeaks and rattles, tires, tune-ups, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, LED lights, shock absorbers and compressed natural gas/liquid propane fuel system conversion components.​
Buttons, carpet, clamps, dash pad, door and window handles, knobs, trim, upholstery, CNG/LPG components, tires, water leaks, wind noise, weatherstrips, fabric, liners, zippers and fasteners.​

When I looked over the list of what IS COVERED, it looks like this plan is really more geared (no pun intended) toward for ICE vehicles. With EVs having a fraction of the parts of an ICE, there's not much it seems this warranty covers, at least among major components. On top of that I'm not seeing components relevant to EVs, e,g, motors. Perhaps I'm overlooking something but upon a cursory review it does not look like IMO it's worth it, even with the discount. Given that, everyone's comfort level is different when comes to purchasing warranties. None the less, thoughts?

if you look under "high-tech" there is a section of "unique hybrid/electric vehicle components" where it reads EXCLUDES HIGH VOLTAGE BATTERY. F.

MachE2021

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Just bought the 8yr/100k extended warranty, $0 deductible, for about $1800. I plan on keeping it at least 6-8 years and I like the peace of mind, especially with this being a first gen with lots of high tech things that could be costly to replace. I recently had a Benz that had the Nav/cd/sound system fail 2 months before warranty went up and it would’ve costed me $3500 to replace it but fortunately it was covered. But then I went on to spend several thousand $$ in repairs that would’ve been covered by an extended warranty. Hopefully it’ll turn out to be a bad investment in this case, but I like the peace of mind.

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for the link. I got quoted Premium Care 8yr/85k miles for $2500. The price on that table for more coverage is more than a grand less.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Thanks for the link. I got quoted Premium Care 8yr/85k miles for $2500. The price on that table for more coverage is more than a grand less.
If you got a quite at the dealer, the dealer was adding in $800 in profit on that. The costs you see on the online sites that sell it, are doing so at a very very small markup. Maybe $50

My dealer tried to quote me $3600 for the warranty. I told him i'd buy it at cost online and then he gave ne a new quote of $1800 and I still declined it. I'm going to wait until closer to the B2B warranty expiring to see what I want to do.
Sponsored