F-150 Lightning first sighting in SoCal! :)

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
On the SB 5 in San Diego. Wish I had gotten the Lightning logo on the side:

Ford Mustang Mach-E F-150 Lightning first sighting in SoCal! :) PXL_20210515_213213426.MP

Ford Mustang Mach-E F-150 Lightning first sighting in SoCal! :) PXL_20210515_215455525

Ford Mustang Mach-E F-150 Lightning first sighting in SoCal! :) expected

Sorry, I had to. I think this might be the first Lightning I have ever seen. And no, this is not the new electric one.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That's the old ICE Lightning, not the new BEV.

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Nice sighting, they are definitely unicorns! I've seen 3 roaming around OC, red, blue, and white, all three were in immaculate condition.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
When the new (but not yet released) F-150 hybrids were driving around, they didn't have the typical body wraps to disguise them. The truck's outer body was the same as any other F-150 ... so no need to disguise it. Hiding it in "plain sight" meant everyone just assumed it was a normal F-150.

My guess is it's the same with the new truck ... but we'll find out Wednesday night.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
When the new (but not yet released) F-150 hybrids were driving around, they didn't have the typical body wraps to disguise them. The truck's outer body was the same as any other F-150 ... so no need to disguise it. Hiding it in "plain sight" meant everyone just assumed it was a normal F-150.

My guess is it's the same with the new truck ... but we'll find out Wednesday night.
I really seeing a picture somewhere of a BEV with fake exhaust pipes. That's about all it would take except covering that charging door.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
I really seeing a picture somewhere of a BEV with fake exhaust pipes. That's about all it would take except covering that charging door.
In the case of the hybrid F-150 ... it had a real gas door and real tail pipe. But people tend to miss those little details.

I did occasionally (I think like ... twice) see wrapped Mach-E's driving around ... and after the reveal I started to see un-wrapped Mach-E's.

OP
OP

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Funny thing about the old Lightning - you can't see the exhaust pipe from the back, so it does kind of look like a full BEV. Also interesting that they chose the Lightning name for the new electric. Maybe more obvious than Mustang for the MME, but I wonder how many "Is it a Lightning?" video reviews we will get :)
Sponsored