Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Raptor | 15 SS | 86 SVO | 65 350R Resto | GTPE
Country flag
2019 F-Pace Space Saver 19" spare wheel + 175/80 tire

Ford Mustang Mach-E F-Pace Space Saver 19” Spare on GTPE IMG-8293

First roadtrip with family, newborn, dog etc, figured it would be worth while to have a usable spare on hand to avoid ‘one more thing’ to go wrong. Often just toss an OE take-off wheel/tire in trunk since most my cars didn’t come with a donut, but with space being tighter with new additions I decided to hunt a more compact solution.

Jag offers a 18/19/20 spare in the f-pace series. The SVR f-pace 20” spare seemed ideal, but less common to find, and was skeptical of the 18” clearing the Brembos. For $100 rolled the dice on a 19” unit off a 2019, it’s a bit tall at ~30”, but for the price I could always swap the tire later

As for caliper clearance, was surprised to see it did in fact fit over the caliper :D, but with literally a hair of clearance. I had some 5mm hubcentric spacers I got for the OE wheels and never used, so one of those now got put on sparetire duty and provides plenty of clearance. Tons of thread with the slim steel wheel face, and the 30” height does not appear to be an issue and full turn.

If the modernspare wheel was available at the time for GTs or even non-GTs, I would have probably gone that route since it’s a narrower 4” | 155 wheel & tire, versus this steelie (5.5" I believe?) | 175 combo… In hindsight, using my takeoff OE GTPE wheel would have only been a few inches taller, and could have just used that... Thankfully, didn't need to use it in the end, but was nice peace of mind. I am still interested in the modernspare or smaller setup, so will see how that shapes out when available and how it might fair under the rare floor panel.

Ford Mustang Mach-E F-Pace Space Saver 19” Spare on GTPE IMG-8257
Ford Mustang Mach-E F-Pace Space Saver 19” Spare on GTPE IMG-8263
Ford Mustang Mach-E F-Pace Space Saver 19” Spare on GTPE IMG-8274
Ford Mustang Mach-E F-Pace Space Saver 19” Spare on GTPE IMG-8297
Ford Mustang Mach-E F-Pace Space Saver 19” Spare on GTPE IMG-8293

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Spotted another one of these on eBay today... lil steep @ $165, but maybe haggleable

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
2019 F-Pace Space Saver 19" spare wheel + 175/80 tire
I have a takeoff wheel I plan to take when on a long/remote trip, and am now searching for a good quality scissor jack I can use should I want to change it myself on the side of the road rather than wait for roadside assistance. I'd rather not have to lug along a hydraulic jack as well as the wheel. I've looked at a lot of the cigarette lighter powered bottle jacks, hard to evaluate the quality of those.

Did you also obtain a jack?

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If anyone in the chicagoland area is in the market for a budget spare, I received my Modern Spare Kit so will be getting rid of this one

I have a takeoff wheel I plan to take when on a long/remote trip, and am now searching for a good quality scissor jack I can use should I want to change it myself on the side of the road rather than wait for roadside assistance. I'd rather not have to lug along a hydraulic jack as well as the wheel. I've looked at a lot of the cigarette lighter powered bottle jacks, hard to evaluate the quality of those.

Did you also obtain a jack?
Sorry for the delay, didn't see the notification... I used a spare scissor jack I had from another car, and zip tied (beefy ones) that and a small prybar/socket inside the barrel of the wheel. Used a camper vinyl/leather trailer spare cover. ~$125 all in peace of mind for that trip

IMG-8793.jpg

IMG-8795.jpg