mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I searched the forums but didn't see anyone ask this question. How do you find out the factory door unlock code? Since the owner's manual is electronic, there was nothing in my glove compartment aside from the window sticker and parts origin sticker. The manual mentions an owner's card? Am I missing a secret somewhere?
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Factory Door Unlock Code? 3A257378-1B2E-45D7-82BC-030924D1AE47

the dealer in my area proudly displayed theirs on their website clipped to the visor. If it’s not there, contact your dealer

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
When I got my car it had a paper copy of the user guide and owner's manual along with the card that had the door code. They were all shrink wrapped together and left in the glove compartment.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Our dealer posted this video:

I'd bet there is a similar procedure in the Mach-E--I tried the one they mention but without two separate key fobs it didn't work. (No mention in the owner's manual of such a procedure either.)

Mine didn't come with the car either but I was able to get my salesperson to e-mail me the code.

OP
OP

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Factory Door Unlock Code? 3A257378-1B2E-45D7-82BC-030924D1AE47

the dealer in my area proudly displayed theirs on their website clipped to the visor. If it’s not there, contact your dealer
That's scary since the code is clearly visible with the VIN. Since the factory code can never be changed, that means that anyone can get into the car. You should tell your dealer!

OP
OP

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
A card with the code on it should be in the glove compartment or clipped to the visor. If it's not, contact your dealer.
Yeah, hence me asking. I can't find the card anywhere. I'm scared of these things because that means someone at the dealership potentially wrote down the code and can unlock my car if they ever see it in a parking lot.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
That's scary since the code is clearly visible with the VIN. Since the factory code can never be changed, that means that anyone can get into the car. You should tell your dealer!
I did. Called them, explained everything with the risks, they said they would take care of it, they never did ??‍♂

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yup, lots of dealers have pics like this posted on the Internet with the code clearly visible. Common sense is often allusive to some.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag

I’m shocked Malloy had one of these, especially back when this was posted. They’re neither an EV certified dealer nor an EV certified repair shop per Ford’s dealer search in mid-April 2021 (as I type this). Also, they were looking for $1000 deposits (early April 2021 when I ordered mine from Jerry’s Ford in Leesburg instead) rather than the $500 most other dealers in the area are asking for.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I’m shocked Malloy had one of these, especially back when this was posted. They’re neither an EV certified dealer nor an EV certified repair shop per Ford’s dealer search in mid-April 2021 (as I type this). Also, they were looking for $1000 deposits (early April 2021 when I ordered mine from Jerry’s Ford in Leesburg instead) rather than the $500 most other dealers in the area are asking for.
Huh, that’s strange. They’re listed as a preferred shop for my zip on the Ford website and they have a Ford charger outside. They only required the $500 from me and it remains fully refundable. They’ve been nothing but pleasant to me even through a clerical error in my reservation.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Could a new module with a new code be ordered from Ford?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
There's no reason to. If you have 2 fobs, you can get the factory code yourself. If not, the dealer can get the code through the OBD port.

murphy62

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla S90D, 2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I searched the forums but didn't see anyone ask this question. How do you find out the factory door unlock code? Since the owner's manual is electronic, there was nothing in my glove compartment aside from the window sticker and parts origin sticker. The manual mentions an owner's card? Am I missing a secret somewhere?
The code can be displayed using two valid key fobs. When I did this in my 2013 Energi the code was reversed in the display. If the display was 12345 the actual code was 54321.

The code may be on a sticker in the trunk or under the dashboard.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Huh, that’s strange. They’re listed as a preferred shop for my zip on the Ford website and they have a Ford charger outside. They only required the $500 from me and it remains fully refundable. They’ve been nothing but pleasant to me even through a clerical error in my reservation.
Yeah, when I did the order through the order process, Malloy came up in the list. But if I did a dealer search on the website separately and ticked the EV boxes, Malloy doesn't show up. Very strange.

They only asked for $500 through the website? The order process there was clearly $1000. Methinks Ford's website has some demons lurking about.
Sponsored