JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Don't know any Spanish but I'd guess the black device at 3:55 is the speaker for the pedestrian alert system (and, perhaps, making "Mustang engine" noises LOL).

OP
OP

Aartw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi
Country flag
Don't know any Spanish but I'd guess the black device at 3:55 is the speaker for the pedestrian alert system (and, perhaps, making "Mustang engine" noises LOL).
Yes, I believe you are right. You can also hear the pedestrian alert sound from 4:13 onwards.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Maybe someone can translate the Spanish into English. He is showing some unknown part at 3:59.
Yes, I can confirm he describes that component as the pedestrian warning speaker, and then provides a sample of the sound.

At 7:44, it looks like the outside door handles are more substantial (with what some have called winglets) than on the prototypes.

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
You can put English subtitles on in the video down in the settings of the video

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
At 7:44, it looks like the outside door handles are more substantial (with what some have called winglets) than on the prototypes.
I agree. They do look shorter and thicker than the prototype version I saw. But they don't appear to curve upwards.

Video:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Factory video showing Mach-E details incl pedestrian alert sound and reshaped door handle 1585319440710

Prototype:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Factory video showing Mach-E details incl pedestrian alert sound and reshaped door handle 1585319498071

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
At the 2:27 mark, note the "Charge Scheduling" feature. As well as "Departure and Comfort".

Fully expected that such features would be included, of course, but good to actually see it.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I agree. They do look shorter and thicker than the prototype version I saw. But they don't appear to curve upwards.
I noticed that too. Basically a 3rd version from what we've seen so far. It's hard to see exactly what it looks like in that video, but it appears to me that it keeps the similar horizontal "U" shape of the original, but is now sized to the exact length to meet the edge of the door, and appears to have a sharper edge on the inside lip. That would be good, as it would be a bit easier to get a good enough handle on it with just your pinky while your hands are full (like holding a drink cup in your right hand).

That's what I liked about the winglet design. It appeared easy just to hook a finger on when you hands were full. This may do the same now, while still also providing a more traditional full finger grab like most people are used to.

The fact that they've seemed to refine this one to be the exact length to fit the edge of the door suggests to me this may be the final product, rather than just various possibilities they slapped on there for trying out.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
At 3:24, it states 10 kilowatts in 5 minutes for all versions.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

Video:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Factory video showing Mach-E details incl pedestrian alert sound and reshaped door handle 1585319498071

Is this the revised design as well?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Factory video showing Mach-E details incl pedestrian alert sound and reshaped door handle Updated handle desi

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
At the 2:27 mark, note the "Charge Scheduling" feature. As well as "Departure and Comfort".

Fully expected that such features would be included, of course, but good to actually see it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Factory video showing Mach-E details incl pedestrian alert sound and reshaped door handle FORD_MUSTANG_MACH-CHARGE TIME SETUP

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Is this the revised design as well?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Factory video showing Mach-E details incl pedestrian alert sound and reshaped door handle FORD_MUSTANG_MACH-CHARGE TIME SETUP
It’s hard to say, but they seem different to me. The one in the video looks thicker, more blunt. The one you added with the white painted vehicle seems thinner, more pointed. The hand is in the way so we cannot see the length for comparison. The angles could be deceiving though.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Demonstrating the single finger door open, nice. The sound is good too, like a grumbling electronic sound.
Sponsored