Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I'm on 2.7.4 and didn't see any update queue today. Seems like I may have to wait a few days(or weeks) for things to settle before Ford tries to push an update again.
Kind of makes sense because 2.7.4 is the last of the non BC update package covering 21P22, with the rest enabling BC. They probably wanna see if there are any other issues. I’ll see what happens tomorrow with my car.
Sponsored

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Kind of makes sense because 2.7.4 is the last of the non BC update package covering 21P22, with the rest enabling BC. They probably wanna see if there are any other issues. I’ll see what happens tomorrow with my car.
Has anyone full charged their Mach-E to see if their usable battery capacity increased to match the 70kWh 2022 models?

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Has anyone full charged their Mach-E to see if their usable battery capacity increased to match the 70kWh 2022 models?
I have not seen it confirmed anywhere

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Dang it, I gotta remember when I get time to plug my OBDLink MX+ in and pull the battery stats. Maybe in a little bit when I get home.

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
2.7.4 failed to install for me today. Will that take a week for the retry?
Not sure if there's any pattern to when Ford resends the update, but 2.7.3 failed for me about 2-3 weeks ago. It was successfully installed last night.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Dang it, I gotta remember when I get time to plug my OBDLink MX+ in and pull the battery stats. Maybe in a little bit when I get home.
Ok, here:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Failed 2.6.0 OTA Club 1655314595177

Based on this, I'm inclined to say it IS reporting at 91kwh usable.
91kwh * .7624 = 69.3784kwh
88kwh * .7624 = 67.0912 kwh

Obviously we'd need some higher and lower percentage numbers to compare against but it certainly seems to be reading about 91kwh based on my current state. Does anyone else have the ability to get carscanner data from the car? Maybe without the 2.7.2 update? I should try to dig up old screen shots that pre-date it.

Heck, if going with the displayed SOC this actually matches 88kwh. Dunno which way you do this measurement without trying a range test.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok, here:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Failed 2.6.0 OTA Club 1655314595177

Based on this, I'm inclined to say it IS reporting at 91kwh usable.
91kwh * .7624 = 69.3784kwh
88kwh * .7624 = 67.0912 kwh

Obviously we'd need some higher and lower percentage numbers to compare against but it certainly seems to be reading about 91kwh based on my current state. Does anyone else have the ability to get carscanner data from the car? Maybe without the 2.7.2 update? I should try to dig up old screen shots that pre-date it.

Heck, if going with the displayed SOC this actually matches 88kwh. Dunno which way you do this measurement without trying a range test.
This might explain how I was getting 325-330 range on my GOM after 2.7.2, but then it looks like another update reset my EV Driving history and I'm back at 270 or so

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Could be. I'm guessing maybe they gave us a 3kwh buffer at 0% SOC that's usable. Maybe that's how the job2 cars are also? I imagine it's easier to just have us all on the same software and portraying the data the same way.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
2.7.4 failed to install for me today. Will that take a week for the retry?
It may try again during the next scheduled install time. Do you have a daily schedule setup in the settings for installing OTAs?

alanbrad

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Addition Mach-E
Country flag
I received 2.8.1 yesterday and 2.8.2 today. Both successful installs. Just went for a test drive and Blue Cruise is active. Works very nice, top speed before it disabled was 80mph

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
It may try again during the next scheduled install time. Do you have a daily schedule setup in the settings for installing OTAs?
I do have a daily schedule. Nothing happened last night so I guess that it would to expire before it will retry.

12v was a bit lower when I attempted via Update Now, wondering if that has anything to do with the failure. Would be nice to know why it failed.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I do have a daily schedule. Nothing happened last night so I guess that it would to expire before it will retry.

12v was a bit lower when I attempted via Update Now, wondering if that has anything to do with the failure. Would be nice to know why it failed.
Try keeping the car plugged in if that's possible at your home, that should help keep the 12v happy.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Try keeping the car plugged in if that's possible at your home, that should help keep the 12v happy.
My understanding is plugging in the car DOES wake it up and thus trigger a charge cycle of the LVB; but it's no different than any normal cycle and will stop maintaining it about the same as normal until the next "check in" of the voltage. That said, I do try to ensure I'm plugged in (not charging) when one of these overnight updates is scheduled. So far I just trigger them manually but admit the 2.8.1 will likely be allowed to run overnight on it's own due to the 2.5 hours or so it's inhibited for.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No post 2.7.4 update queued for me so far today. Feeling like it will be a week till I’m Blue Cruisin!
Sponsored