John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My dealer contacted us yesterday asking for a copy of my wife's drivers license to send to Ford to prove her car is ordered for a real customer. According to him, Ford has discovered that dealers are making up customers to order cars as sold to get these orders moved up.

Tsk, tsk.
Sponsored

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
I haven't seen any such request from my dealer. Maybe just certain dealers that have been caught with a hand in the cookie jar?

Brian707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mustang Mach E Premium AWD EXT
Country flag
Nothing surprises me the depths some dealerships will go to.

Ginger

First Name
Ginger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
buying Mach E, own 2012 Lexus hybrid
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Country flag
I'm a little concerned. I placed my order at a local dealership in early May, and have not received a production date. I got a call from another dealership 150 miles away stating they had a car that was already in production (and the internet dealer sent me the VIN#) that they are willing to take a deposit on. I ensured I got it in writing that my deposit will be returned if I go for that car. It is a Premium AWD, and my order was for RWD, but I was kinda second guessing my decision to go with RWD anyway because here in Palm Springs, WHEN we do see rain, the streets can be really slippery. So, I gave the second dealer a deposit, but kept my original deposit with the dealer here. When I used the tracker device on this forum all the info the dealer told me about the car checked out, BUT it had a customer's name on it. So I am hoping a customer backed out, but because of all the dodgy shit dealerships have been doing, I am worried they may be just making sure they have a back-up customer IN CASE the customer that ordered back out. I plan to keep my order with the local dealer, and if/when this car comes through, just get my deposit back.

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I'm a little concerned. I placed my order at a local dealership in early May, and have not received a production date. I got a call from another dealership 150 miles away stating they had a car that was already in production (and the internet dealer sent me the VIN#) that they are willing to take a deposit on. I ensured I got it in writing that my deposit will be returned if I go for that car. It is a Premium AWD, and my order was for RWD, but I was kinda second guessing my decision to go with RWD anyway because here in Palm Springs, WHEN we do see rain, the streets can be really slippery. So, I gave the second dealer a deposit, but kept my original deposit with the dealer here. When I used the tracker device on this forum all the info the dealer told me about the car checked out, BUT it had a customer's name on it. So I am hoping a customer backed out, but because of all the dodgy shit dealerships have been doing, I am worried they may be just making sure they have a back-up customer IN CASE the customer that ordered back out. I plan to keep my order with the local dealer, and if/when this car comes through, just get my deposit back.
If you placed your order in May 2021, it could be months before you have a production date. That is completely normal.

Brian707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mustang Mach E Premium AWD EXT
Country flag
The customer name is totally normal. Mine is a cancelation, and their name is on it.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
My dealer contacted us yesterday asking for a copy of my wife's drivers license to send to Ford to prove her car is ordered for a real customer. According to him, Ford has discovered that dealers are making up customers to order cars as sold to get these orders moved up.

Tsk, tsk.
I had to do the same when I ordered mine. Had to go to the dealership to finish the order process in person and they needed an ID to show Ford.
Sponsored