Fast charging for Mach-Es at Ford Dealerships (UK)

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4EX
Occupation
Comms
Country flag
And we all know what a promise from a braying donkey is worth ?
Here is one my 4 donkeys. Considerably more helpful that Ford. Lol.

As for the original question, Hereford have a Type2 charger, but I doubt it is free. Also, I'd have to drive there, wait till it had charged, then drive home again. As it is 40 miles away, the round trip would take literally hours!

I don't see why they would supply it for free and I was never promised that when I purchased it. What they cleverly did was to promise FREE ACCESS to the Ionity network. Not free power.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Fast charging for Mach-Es at Ford Dealerships (UK) IMG_0210.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Alungr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Here is one my 4 donkeys. Considerably more helpful that Ford. Lol.

As for the original question, Hereford have a Type2 charger, but I doubt it is free. Also, I'd have to drive there, wait till it had charged, then drive home again. As it is 40 miles away, the round trip would take literally hours!

I don't see why they would supply it for free and I was never promised that when I purchased it. What they cleverly did was to promise FREE ACCESS to the Ionity network. Not free power.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Fast charging for Mach-Es at Ford Dealerships (UK) IMG_0210.JPG

OP
OP

Alungr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I didn't expect free power but that would have been a bonus! What I was promised was free access, "bigging up" how all Ford dealerships needed to have 2 fast chargers installed by the end of 2020. And with this the case, and the number of Ford dealerships across the country, you wouldn't ever be too far from a charger 8-6 6 days a weeks.
Total bollocks in reality...my dealership doesn't have any chargers installed, another nearby dealership told me that there chargers were only for use by Ford and specific designated customers...and ! wasn't one of them!

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4EX
Occupation
Comms
Country flag
I didn't expect free power but that would have been a bonus! What I was promised was free access, "bigging up" how all Ford dealerships needed to have 2 fast chargers installed by the end of 2020. And with this the case, and the number of Ford dealerships across the country, you wouldn't ever be too far from a charger 8-6 6 days a weeks.
Total bollocks in reality...my dealership doesn't have any chargers installed, another nearby dealership told me that there chargers were only for use by Ford and specific designated customers...and ! wasn't one of them!
I was dragged up in Cheadle Hulme, so wondered where you were located.
I would have loved free electric, but getting it from dealers, who are usually located 'out of town' would be a pain. My local dealer has 2 charging spots, but they usually leave their demo Mach E at one of them.

OP
OP

Alungr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I was dragged up in Cheadle Hulme, so wondered where you were located.
I would have loved free electric, but getting it from dealers, who are usually located 'out of town' would be a pain. My local dealer has 2 charging spots, but they usually leave their demo Mach E at one of them.
Stockport is where Iā€™m at. Only a few miles away.
An example where dealer access would have been useful would be Inverness (regular visitor). No public rapid chargers nearby so a planned dealer stop would have been really useful.

stinky minky

First Name
tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e AWD-SR-Carbonised grey
Occupation
Science teacher
Country flag
Where I live the nearest Ford dealer is about 40mins drive. they keep closing the Ford dealers

deyoung

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e Extended
Occupation
Director
Maybe it's too early to buy Mach-e , if buying it at all in the UK ( I would not recommend it).
The dealers have no clue and are not interested. I really regret it. Shame it is a good-looking car but not worth the Ā£ for the stress it has caused me. The extended range is advertised at 379 miles.
Three times I charged at 100% and the maximum is got is 284 miles, ( this is 25% less.) on full charge
The three readings were 282miles , 279 miles and 284 miles when 100% charged.

OP
OP

Alungr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
My dealer Hartwell (the worst company to deal with) has one charger which was used by their staff.
I took home delivery of a brand new electric car costing over Ā£50K (US$65k) at 24% charge as I could not wait more that the 90 minutes I was already there.
At least your local dealer has a charger! Evans-Halshaw has the original ā€œeā€ franchise in Manchester (U.K.) area and still hasnā€™t got a fast charger installedā€¦let alone for customers to possibly use!
Ranges: about what I getā€¦and down to approx 230m in winter. Quoted 379m range is a joke, completely unrealistic. 10% error - fair enough; 30% error - pretty much a lie.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
At least your local dealer has a charger! Evans-Halshaw has the original ā€œeā€ franchise in Manchester (U.K.) area and still hasnā€™t got a fast charger installedā€¦let alone for customers to possibly use!
Ranges: about what I getā€¦and down to approx 230m in winter. Quoted 379m range is a joke, completely unrealistic. 10% error - fair enough; 30% error - pretty much a lie.
379 is a joke, but half of that differential is WLTP instead of EPA (which would be 300m for the RWD ER). I still don't get why Europe uses such a wildly exaggerated range calculation.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
379 is a joke, but half of that differential is WLTP instead of EPA (which would be 300m for the RWD ER). I still don't get why Europe uses such a wildly exaggerated range calculation.
Oh god the old ā€œEPA is right / the WLTP is wrongā€ garbage again. šŸ™ˆ

We drive differently here in Europe - our roads are generally narrower, and as a result average speeds are slower. For a lot of people that means we get better efficiency, and the WLTP estimates are actually not too far off reality in the summer months.

So please stop trashing WLTP as fantasy just because it doesn't fit with your experience in the US.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Oh god the old ā€œEPA is right / the WLTP is wrongā€ garbage again. šŸ™ˆ

We drive differently here in Europe - our roads are generally narrower, and as a result average speeds are slower. For a lot of people that means we get better efficiency, and the WLTP estimates are actually not too far off reality in the summer months.

So please stop trashing WLTP as fantasy just because it doesn't fit with your experience in the US.
Yet we regularly see comments like the one above from people in Europe that get nowhere close and find WLTP rather wildly overstated across the board.

So I guess it depends who we're listening to. I'm glad it appears to be a reasonable estimate for you though. Nice to hear it's close for somebody. That's pretty rare from what I've seen.

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
An update to the OP's question at the beginning, my local dealer does now have 2x22kWh AC chargers (so not great for the MME which can only charge up to 11kWh AC!). Customers are allowed to use them for free as long as they are not needed for customer cars in for service or their electric vans. I wouldn't normally take the p and keep using their free leccy but they were very helpful in the winter when I was having 12V battery issues, so needed to do frequent HV battery charges to help keep the 12V battery topped up!
Sponsored