Fast (level 3) chargers in northern parts of lower Michigan, the UP of Michigan, northern Wisconsin do not exist.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
Country flag
Bay City, Cadillac and Gaylord are great adds!!

30800 Little Mack Ave., Roseville, Mich. 48066
3565 Fairlane Circle, Allen Park, Mich. 48101
2980 Wilder Road, Bay City, Mich. 48706
8605 34 Road, Cadillac, Mich. 49601
250 Meijer Drive, Gaylord, Mich. 49735
All of those with the exception of Allen Park are existing Tesla Supercharger locations as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Have automotive is installing three 50kW chargers in Mackinaw City via the messages they sent me. With Gaylord only 60 miles from the bridge one will not have to spent too much time at these 50kW chargers. For me it will be 170 miles from the bridge to Norway Michigan's ccs charger.

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hug Hage automotive.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
Country flag
Hage Automotive is the contractor doing the work, but what business are they being installed at?

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hage Automotive is the contractor doing the work, but what business are they being installed at?
When they replied back to me in September, they had a couple of locations for possible installation close to I-75 but needed further permitting and approval from the local authorities. They indicated the 50kW Juice Box DCFC could be upgraded in the future. That is all I know. I assume it will April/May before any actual work can be done.

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bay City, Cadillac and Gaylord are great adds!!

30800 Little Mack Ave., Roseville, Mich. 48066
3565 Fairlane Circle, Allen Park, Mich. 48101
2980 Wilder Road, Bay City, Mich. 48706
8605 34 Road, Cadillac, Mich. 49601
250 Meijer Drive, Gaylord, Mich. 49735
Bay City would be very helpful for those traveling north from the Ohio border as it would be around 157 miles north of the Ohio border. via I-75 and I-23. An Electrify America station exist on the Ohio Turnpike about 40 more miles.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Bay City would be very helpful for those traveling north from the Ohio border as it would be around 157 miles north of the Ohio border. via I-75 and I-23. An Electrify America station exist on the Ohio Turnpike about 40 more miles.
you could Roller in and Roller out

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Have automotive is installing three 50kW chargers in Mackinaw City via the messages they sent me. With Gaylord only 60 miles from the bridge one will not have to spent too much time at these 50kW chargers. For me it will be 170 miles from the bridge to Norway Michigan's ccs charger.
Only if you go the direct route. Stop at Tahquamenon, stop at Pictured Rocks, etc. and then the trip still doesn't work without a 100% charge at the bridge.

I just drove across the UP this week. 1,100 miles between the Mackinac Bridge and Duluth, Minnesota's DC Fast charger by the route I take.

Norway is so far out of the way for sightseeing, unless you're going to/from Wisconsin, I guess.

Marquette and Houghton need them far more, I still maintain. Ironwood wouldn't hurt.

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Only if you go the direct route. Stop at Tahquamenon, stop at Pictured Rocks, etc. and then the trip still doesn't work without a 100% charge at the bridge.

I just drove across the UP this week. 1,100 miles between the Mackinac Bridge and Duluth, Minnesota's DC Fast charger by the route I take.

Norway is so far out of the way for sightseeing, unless you're going to/from Wisconsin, I guess.

Marquette and Houghton need them far more, I still maintain. Ironwood wouldn't hurt.
You didn't stop at Smithers Winter Testing center to use their EA 150kW charger?

AEtherScythe

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Sr. IT/Product Architect; Enterprise and Cloud Manageability Engineering
Country flag
Put the Smithers charger on Plugshare and see what happens?
How will that help? Won't that just lead to folks getting stranded by making plans involving use of the charger, only to find out they cant?

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
A *lot* more "coming soon" DCFCs in the Lower Peninsula have been added to Plugshare over the week. Pretty exciting times!

Hopefully at least a *bit* of that excitement spills across the Mackinac Bridge though :p

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hage Automotive-- 2475 Grand Blvd W, Detroit, MI 48208-1212, United States has installed chargers and DCFC in Michigan. They indicated to me -in the past via e-mail-they have scouted the UP for possible DCFC locations but have not come to agreement with any location. They are found on facebook and can be reached via messaging.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
A *lot* more "coming soon" DCFCs in the Lower Peninsula have been added to Plugshare over the week. Pretty exciting times!

Hopefully at least a *bit* of that excitement spills across the Mackinac Bridge though :p
This year alone has seen a ton of progress in MI going from what amounted to a DCFC desert to some actual charger coverage with a number of new stations already in place. With the additional future stations listed, Michigan's mitt is gonna be solid.

Just for reference, this video is from January 2020. Bolt EV driver drove from Plymouth to Sleeping Bear Dunes and back and it took 19 hours of charging on L2.

10:38 mark
Sponsored