Fast (level 3) chargers in northern parts of lower Michigan, the UP of Michigan, northern Wisconsin do not exist.

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
No updates from Redecharge network. With Winter approaching, it is likely nothing new will occur until late Spring 2022. They are also probably awaiting for additional funding from what ever source they can acquire.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Meijer of Escanba has just installed a level J1772 charger and is waiting delivery of a what looks like a dcfc charger. Drove by the location which is next to Tesla Thursdsy.

specialgreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BoltEV
Country flag
Anybody in Green Bay/Appleton area who can check-out the Meijer in Green Bay for construction activity? Plugshare says "coming soon", which can mean just about anything. But that would save me about 4 hours of charging per month.

(I'm presently driving EauC(EA)--Merrill(18kw)--Crivitz(18kw)--Norway(28kw), which is realllly slow).

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anybody in Green Bay/Appleton area who can check-out the Meijer in Green Bay for construction activity? Plugshare says "coming soon", which can mean just about anything. But that would save me about 4 hours of charging per month.

(I'm presently driving EauC(EA)--Merrill(18kw)--Crivitz(18kw)--Norway(28kw), which is realllly slow).
Bingo! This location is on the EA map as coming soon with 8(?) Charging stalls.

Quick Sliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Plugshare is showing a DCFC being added to shoreline park in Tawas city. That would be a nice start on clearing up the fast charging desert that is north eastern lower Michigan. Doesn't look like it's a Red E charger, anyone know any more?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Plugshare is showing a DCFC being added to shoreline park in Tawas city. That would be a nice start on clearing up the fast charging desert that is north eastern lower Michigan. Doesn't look like it's a Red E charger, anyone know any more?
Looks like Tawas was listed on the map as a candidate site for a MI EV charger grant. PlugShare lists the ChargePoint phone number. I would guess they are installing those 62.5 kW units.

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/energy/Tourism-SupplementaryReport_662002_7.pdf

https://www.michigan.gov/climateandenergy/0,4580,7-364-85453_85455-487842--,00.html#

specialgreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BoltEV
Country flag
Meijer of Escanba has just installed a level J1772 charger and is waiting delivery of a what looks like a dcfc charger. Drove by the location which is next to Tesla Thursdsy.
The Meijer Escanaba 120kw DCFC went "active" in the Greenlots app yesterday. No plugshare check-ins yet.

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Meijer Escanaba 120kw DCFC went "active" in the Greenlots app yesterday. No plugshare check-ins yet.
Good news as it is 120 miles from my Wisconsin home and about half way to the Mac bridge.

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good news as it is 120 miles from my Wisconsin home and about half way to the Mac bridge.
Drove by the empty charger on Friday night. Meanwhile the Chargepoint dcfc in Norway continues to operate at half speed. Has been broken for months and no one will fix it. This forecasts bad news for Chargepoint owners who maintain the these sites and have little revenue to pay for repairs. Why would someone consider a Chargrpoint dcfc station if they are not reliable? Without a dcfc charging network. How can consumers move towards bev,?

Quick Sliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Drove by the ChargePoint location in Tawas, both pedestals are installed, but aren't active yet. The charge location is a bit further down from the existing L2 charters.

specialgreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BoltEV
Country flag
Meanwhile the Chargepoint dcfc in Norway continues to operate at half speed. Has been broken for months and no one will fix it.
Did you talk to City Mgr Ray Anderson? It could be that they have a maintenance contract with Chargepoint but are waiting on parts; or it could be that they didn't buy the maintenance agreement.

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you talk to City Mgr Ray Anderson? It could be that they have a maintenance contract with Chargepoint but are waiting on parts; or it could be that they didn't buy the maintenance agreement.
It doesn't matter who is at fault. It is a warning that reliability issues exist and in an area with few to zero dcfc. Road tripping may be a pain in the rear.

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A planned Electrify America station in Wausau WI has appeared in advertising materials for the BMW i4:

https://i.redd.it/009tftwa2mi81.png

Anybody else seen any literature about it?
It also shows EA stations now going north to Duluth, Minnesota. Nothing in the UP. However, it appears Houghton, MI in the UP is receiving two 62.5 kW chargers via a Michigan government grant. I have contacts in Hiughton which is a 120 mile one way drive from the northern Wisconsin home. No way would I make such a drive in the middle of Winter without evdcfc chargers in Houghton.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Wausau will come in handy, the Chevrolet dealership in Merrill does have a DCFC but it's slow 25kw. I wish they would put one in between Fargo & Minot
Sponsored