Fast (level 3) chargers in northern parts of lower Michigan, the UP of Michigan, northern Wisconsin do not exist.

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Mackinaw City Michigan is to receive 3x of 50kW DCFC car chargers in the future. This information was put forward by Hage Automotive who is installing these chargers from the Michigan grant. They are currently planning the site location and will post to Plugshare when it is up and running., They claim a flat rate will be charged to consumers. So disappointed by learning only a 50kW charger is being installed at this famous Michigan City which also features six 250kW Tesla chargers in 2020. I'm assuming Hage is using Juice Box CCS DCFC car chargers which have a max of 50kW. Sad. 65 miles south Gaylord has two CCS 62.5kW chargers via ChargePoint.

Hage is also aware of the UP as a dead DCFC zone and is looking to install chargers at several locations in the future.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It means a long charging stop (over 1 hour) to fill a Mach E. My Wisconsin home is 250 miles from this location.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Mackinaw City Michigan is to receive 3x of 50kW DCFC car chargers in the future. This information was put forward by Hage Automotive who is installing these chargers from the Michigan grant. They are currently planning the site location and will post to Plugshare when it is up and running., They claim a flat rate will be charged to consumers. So disappointed by learning only a 50kW charger is being installed at this famous Michigan City which also features six 250kW Tesla chargers in 2020. I'm assuming Hage is using Juice Box CCS DCFC car chargers which have a max of 50kW. Sad. 65 miles south Gaylord has two CCS 62.5kW chargers via ChargePoint.

Hage is also aware of the UP as a dead DCFC zone and is looking to install chargers at several locations in the future.
Hage uses "JuicePump" chargers for their DCFC's:
https://hageauto.com/juicepump

The specs for the "Enel X JuicePump 50":
https://evcharging.enelx.com/eu/commercial/juicepump-50#

Althought that one looks a little different from Hage's picture which is more like this one:
https://evcharging.enelx.com/juicepump-ev-charging-station

Although I think their use of the nomenclature of "JuicePump" is a little too close to "JuiceBox"...

Last edited:

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
I’ve been sending messages and requests to the “Big 3” charging networks. With EVGo, I sent in a site request at about 20 cities in northern MI (north of Flint). Maybe they will listen if enough people request? It’s sad that anything new would be anything less than 150Kw. I haven’t heard back from chargepoint (and at least the city of Gaylord installed a set, slow as it may be).

A2C1BA86-A04B-48F6-A7B6-9E60F59A0EB1.png

0C06F158-B23A-42FA-AA3D-98BFEFB095E5.png

55F9E2D7-39D2-441B-9B89-8A5C2238048E.png

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Three 50kW chargers are being installed in Mackinac City via information from Hage automotive. These are capable of bring upgraded to 100kW+ as the agreement with the state of Michigan. Last night I got word that Norway Michigan in the UP is installing a 50kW Chargepoint charger that can slso be upgraded. Something is better than nothing. As for the cost to use these chargers? I would assume similar to what Chargepoint uses.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Three 50kW chargers are being installed in Mackinac City via information from Hage automotive. These are capable of bring upgraded to 100kW+ as the agreement with the state of Michigan. Last night I got word that Norway Michigan in the UP is installing a 50kW Chargepoint charger that can slso be upgraded. Something is better than nothing. As for the cost to use these chargers? I would assume similar to what Chargepoint uses.
Usually the location the charger is at sets the price for ChargePoint chargers. Which means typically the people who paid to put it in set the price, not necessarily ChargePoint.

Thus ChargePoint prices are all over the place with no standard "set" price like EA.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Usually the location the charger is at sets the price for ChargePoint chargers. Which means typically the people who paid to put it in set the price, not necessarily ChargePoint.

Thus ChargePoint prices are all over the place with no standard "set" price like EA.
Yes, on PlugShare I found two ChargePoint stations with different prices within 5 miles of each other in NJ.

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Hage automotive actually stated to me a flat rate for price and then asked what I thought would be far. I told them Tesla charges around 0.28-32 cents per kW and thought 0.35kW would be fair. I do not know if they can charge per kW at this location.

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The City of Norway is installing a Chargepoint Express charger which is a 62.5kW unit as found in Gaylord, Michigan.
Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately I don't have any information on your adapter issue however the unit that we are installing is a Chargepoint Express 250. You may be able to find some information from the Chargepoint web site. Also, we do not yet have the project completed but should have installed by the end of the year.

Ray D. Anderson - City Manager
915 Main Street - P.O. Box 99 - Norway - MI – 49870
Phone: (906) 563-9961 ext. 205"

The charger will be a Chargepoint Express 250:

link: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/supercharger-escanaba-mi.115200/page-15#post-5002862

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Word from the NUVU Ionia, MI station is the DCFC car chargers ae to installed and up and running by the end of the October 2020. The Jerky Outlet in Kawkawlin, Mi stated in the next one to three months is the expected completed installation.

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Someone posted a pic of the Kawkawlin one on plugshare:
617092.jpg
Word from the NUVU Ionia, MI station is the DCFC car chargers ae to installed and up and running by the end of the October 2020. The Jerky Outlet in Kawkawlin, Mi stated in the next one to three months is the expected completed installation.
The NUVU Ionia stated posted a reply back to this author indicating a 62.5kW charger is being installed. That is a Chargepoint model which Gaylord has installed and Norway Michigan has ordered.