Fast (level 3) chargers in northern parts of lower Michigan, the UP of Michigan, northern Wisconsin do not exist.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Does EA show current charging rate status like Chargepoint's app? I only have L2, so wasn't sure if EA shows something different for DC when connected.
Sponsored

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
Hell yeah, Ironwood was #1 on my list of where I wanted a fast charger.

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...le-charging-station-boost-economy/3856477001/

Upper Peninsula town hoping EV charging station will boost economy
Associated Press

IRONWOOD, Mich. — A city in Michigan's far western Upper Peninsula hopes an electric vehicle charging station can juice the local economy.
A Chargepoint station has been installed in Ironwood, population 4,900. It has two outlets that can fully charge an electric vehicle in about two hours, the Daily Globe reported.
"If somebody is passing through on their way to Marquette, and they need to do a two-hour charge, they can park at the city square and walk to our downtown businesses," said Tom Bergman, Ironwood's community development director.

"The idea of it is that it's an economic development tool to have people stop that normally wouldn't stop in our community," Bergman said.
He said Ironwood, near the Wisconsin border, might have the only charging station in the western U.P. Drivers can find the location with an app.
Two hours to recharge a BEV? Then is this just a 25kW DCFC? It is not listed on the Chargepoint app or website.

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Two hours to recharge a BEV? Then is this just a 25kW DCFC? It is not listed on the Chargepoint app or website.
This is a level 2, 30amp Chargepoint location with two charging ports. City is leasing the equipment via this information: 2020-09-14-pdf-8-0-meg (keepandshare.com) look around page 80 location is 101 N Lowell St near the historical Ironwood depot. Location is downtown.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
Hmm, so it's not DCFC. Disappointing, but still helpful since even L2 charging is so sparse around there. Not sure where they got the two hour charge time.

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Two hour charge time may have been related to PHEV and not BEV. Individuals may not know the difference?

Dan G

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Does EA show current charging rate status like Chargepoint's app? I only have L2, so wasn't sure if EA shows something different for DC when connected.
Yes, your charging rate is shown both on the app and the screen of the EVSE.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Hell yeah, Ironwood was #1 on my list of where I wanted a fast charger.
I just moved my father in law to Ironwood, maybe one day I'll be able to talk him into an EV lol

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just moved my father in law to Ironwood, maybe one day I'll be able to talk him into an EV lol
Ironwood has two 30 amp j1772 chargers. The garage might have a more powerful outlet.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Bay City, Cadillac and Gaylord are great adds!!

30800 Little Mack Ave., Roseville, Mich. 48066
3565 Fairlane Circle, Allen Park, Mich. 48101
2980 Wilder Road, Bay City, Mich. 48706
8605 34 Road, Cadillac, Mich. 49601
250 Meijer Drive, Gaylord, Mich. 49735
The Allen Park location is great for anyone headed to or through Detroit ... because that Meijer is basically where I-94 and the Southfield Freeway (M-39) come together ... but also very close to I-75 (perhaps a mile off I-75).

I'll doubt I'd ever use it because it's too close to home ... but good for out-of-town drivers.

I'm *mostly* looking forward to the stations EA is installing in Bay City and Gaylord ... because those will get me up to Petoskey and Mackinac. We have friends in Petoskey and their house is just slightly outside the range of the car. A 50kW charger isn't too terrible because I'd really only need a *little* more charge to complete the trip (I think my friends are about 15 miles beyond the range). A 20% charge would be more than enough ... I wouldn't need to wait around for an 80% charge.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
The Allen Park location is great for anyone headed to or through Detroit ... because that Meijer is basically where I-94 and the Southfield Freeway (M-39) come together ... but also very close to I-75 (perhaps a mile off I-75).

I'll doubt I'd ever use it because it's too close to home ... but good for out-of-town drivers.

I'm *mostly* looking forward to the stations EA is installing in Bay City and Gaylord ... because those will get me up to Petoskey and Mackinac. We have friends in Petoskey and their house is just slightly outside the range of the car. A 50kW charger isn't too terrible because I'd really only need a *little* more charge to complete the trip (I think my friends are about 15 miles beyond the range). A 20% charge would be more than enough ... I wouldn't need to wait around for an 80% charge.
Just take a swing through Cadillac:

2020-09-14 13.25.30.jpg

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag

Actually, it's FU**ING AWFUL. Literally they couldn't have picked a worse location. It's "the Hill" and it's a traffic MESS, especially during the holidays. If you wanted to "top off" right now, it would take you probably 20 min just to get up there, and another 20 to get down, and that's not even considering that the spots will probably be taken by ICE vehicles. Even worse on the weekends closer to the holidays.

Trust me, I live right down the road. It's a logistical nightmare as it is, and they put a damn car charger there? I drive 15 min out of my way to another Meijer to avoid the Hill. It's CHAOS.

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
On 12-21-2020, Norway political leaders will decide on what to charge at the newly installed CCS car charger. Then they will power the unit up.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Fast (level 3) chargers in northern parts of lower Michigan, the UP of Michigan, northern Wisconsin do not exist. norway michigan nov 14 2020
Ford Mustang Mach-E Fast (level 3) chargers in northern parts of lower Michigan, the UP of Michigan, northern Wisconsin do not exist. norway michigan nov 14 2020
I'm curious if that's a 62.5kw charger or less.