FDRS misbehaving? Certain updates not applying / failing? Read

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
So my vehicle has shown a GWM update pending for 2 weeks now, dealer couldn't even get it to go -- as in it was showing as an update on their end too.

First thing I did which may or may not have had anything to do with the issue is run the process for installing a new GWM (USB required).
Again, this may not be needed -- I went through the install new GWM module, it read it, said turn off car install new module, clicked okay, it then created the files on the USB and I installed it as instructed. When it was done it was still showing a GWM update as all that was available. Tried the update despite reinstalling via USB and it failed again. Not being one to throw in the towel, I decided to play w/ FDRS

Hitting the envelope in the top right, it brings up an FDRS status box -- in the center of the popup is an option to delete the FDRS vehicle cache and reload it. It will then take you to the main 'enter vin' screen as if it's a new car, read it and proceeded. It pulled info on the vehicle, taking long than usual, and like magic, the GWM had vanished (which is why it wouldn't update, it WAS up to date).

Then an APIM update was showing, tried to run it, errors out after the typical process. Again not willing to give up, I then did the envelope / vehicle cache flush and viola, APIM update takes. What's interesting is that both mine and the dealers FDRS were both showing the same thing. It's as if the flush vehicle cache option clears something on FORDs side, and the local machine. As if the connection is vehicle > FDRS computer > FDRS active server > FDRS master server.

So for those with FDRS issues, try that option. Images will be edited in, the machine is running an update.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FDRS misbehaving?  Certain updates not applying / failing?  Read 1674870173098

Ford Mustang Mach-E FDRS misbehaving?  Certain updates not applying / failing?  Read 1674870213017

Last edited: