Features or quirks you've noticed that you didn't know existed before ownership?

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Preimum Carbon Gray
Country flag
There's usually some version of this thread in most model-specific forums. I apologize if this already exists, if it does feel free to lock and merge.

I'm in week two and honestly I've researched everything so thoroughly before there hasn't been many surprises so far except maybe that the car actually can change lanes by itself with driving assist on (this is a joke).

I'd love to hear what you guys have found and I'll add as I put some more miles on it.
Sponsored

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
All the parking safety features with the 360 camera. This one has been helpful.

The side mirrors are a weird shape and took a little bit of adjustment.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Something popped up on my nav this afternoon. Went to the store and as I was leaving a suggestion popped up for nav to my house, now I know how to get home but it appears this thing is learning my habits

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I went from Sync 2 to Sync 4A. I read general stuff about Sync 4A, but did not completely understand what it could do using my phone and Android Auto. The voice command is better as is reading text messages and replying. The long press of the button to input directly to the phone is very handy.

I started to use Waze and was trying to figure out how to use voice commands in Waze. I thought you needed to use a keyword like Waze, but that did not work. I stumbled upon the right method when I wanted to go somewhere and used the long press to do a phone search. The phone directed the voice input results to Waze and I got what I wanted.

You do not totally understand what the car can do until you use it and try things out. I go through the manual when I first buy a car, but always refer back when I want to do something or wonder how to use a control.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
The turn signal sound increases in loudness when you go over ~60mph. Much appreciated, since it's usually a bit too quiet :)

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Pressing the voice button on the steering wheel brings up Ford's voice response. BUT, long pressing the voice button brings up Google Voice Assistant. I presume it would be Siri for Car Play folks.

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
How sensitive satellite radio can be.

pooter03

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Something popped up on my nav this afternoon. Went to the store and as I was leaving a suggestion popped up for nav to my house, now I know how to get home but it appears this thing is learning my habits
I ended up disabling it since it wasn't particularly good at guessing where I'm going. Also...Car play.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Yes, our Ford Nav is now routing us back home using the same roads we always take! However it still uses old road names that were changed several years ago!
Sponsored