Reaction score
Website
www.jdickinson.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It’s with a Hyundai dealer owned by the same as my Ford dealer, but waiting to hear if they will consider no ADM. Of course Ild have to like it more than the Mach-E to actually pull the trigger. At least it will be a 2022…
GFL, m’friend . . . they Are even less available than MMEs!
Sponsored

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I wouldn't bet on that. It's only being sold in ZEV states initially, so supply will be very constrained.
Yeah, but that's 12 states. Pretty easy to travel to a ZEV state and road trip it back home. A bit less convenient if you live in the Midwest or deep south, but very doable; especially if you don't mind a road trip.

OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
GFL, m’friend . . . they Are even less available than MMEs!
I found one that was 'unspoken for,' but they're ADMing it, so I'm waiting for my MME.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yeah, but that's 12 states. Pretty easy to travel to a ZEV state and road trip it back home. A bit less convenient if you live in the Midwest or deep south, but very doable; especially if you don't mind a road trip.
Sure, but it doesn’t suggest that they’ll be easier to find than an MME.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Sure, but it doesn’t suggest that they’ll be easier to find than an MME.
You may very well be right; although throughout 2021 people were finding available MMEs for purchase, many from out-of-state dealers who had their own inventory or a canceled customer order. It really comes down to the individual dealerships and a bit of luck. Following the Kyle Conner (@OutofSpecKyle) model, just search dealership inventories and you'll find what you need. I think his dad did that with a couple of VW ID.4s and is currently doing that with the Ionic 5.

Franchise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Outlander GT PHEV, 2021 e-tron premium plus
Country flag
The Santa Fe is a $45K, top trim, vehicle depending on added junk. It's a weird plug-in too because while it gets a hp boost from the PHEV, it doesn't gain anything in performance. Definitely not a mid 50's vehicle but not a bad vehicle.
Have to admit - the 5 seconds I was in it before he told me about the ADM and I got quite rude about it ?, it looked solid - for the MSRP (it was a limited). Size and interior seemed nice. definitely not worth it for the markup. Plus battery size wise, it doesn’t get the full $7500 credit (around $6500) - comes close but doesn’t offset the ADM.

RAV4 Primes in my area are being marked up ~$10k.

Last edited:

Franchise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Outlander GT PHEV, 2021 e-tron premium plus
Country flag
Holy crap. We just bought an Audi Q5 PHEV premium plus for 1500 under MSRP (about 58 and change) and it qualifies for the full $7500 tax credit. That much money for a Hyundai is just pure insanity.
I’m in the same boat. Picked up etron prem plus when audi was flush with them back in March for less than the Santa Fe with ADM (why I tabled my MME reservation). Crazy.

I get they can charge what the market will bear, but I really hope the public remembers which dealers are pulling this crap when the shortage is over. Ford. Hyundai. All of them…

1969Camaro

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 Prius Prime, 1969 Camaro
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
MME's can be had if your willing to pay ADM and drive some. I'm ok with the road trip not paying ADM on principle.

It sure would be nice if Ford pinged the 50,000+ folks waiting in line and just say we haven't forgot you and appreciate your patience or something to that effect.

Chicago-E

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE Iconic Silver, 2021 GTPE Space White
Occupation
Generator Technician
Country flag
a lot of dealer in ZEV states won't sell to out of state buyers as well. We were originally looking at a Santa Fe PHEV but each dealer I called with a reasonable asking price would not sell to out of state buyers.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Ha! Well, Hyundai certainly did’t do themselves any favors with the names. But, yeah the “other” Ioniq is completely unrelated. That would be like crossing a Mach-E off your list after test driving a gas Mustang coupe.
Agreed...and the Ioniq Electric is a turd IMO. I drove one looking for a second electric after getting the Mach E and left unimpressed.

Personally I think that while it has some innovative features, the Ioniq 5 is overhyped and won't age well. I suppose we will see, though.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
I’m in the same boat. Picked up etron prem plus when audi was flush with them back in March for less than the Santa Fe with ADM (why I tabled my MME reservation). Crazy.

I get they can charge what the market will bear, but I really hope the public remembers which dealers are pulling this crap when the shortage is over. Ford. Hyundai. All of them…
how do you find the ETron ? Which variant is that? Audi has so many suffixes and prefixes for the ETron that it gets confusing

PCJohnD

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jdickinson.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I found one that was 'unspoken for,' but they're ADMing it, so I'm waiting for my MME.
Search for an MME . . . that's how I got mine . . . at a dealer 2 miles from my home who does not do ADM!

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I drove an Ioniq 5 SE and SEL yesterday, both configured the same driveline wise (large battery + AWD). We were able to take it for a 60-mi cruise and I will say it's MUCH smoother than both the MME Select and Premium. The Ioniq 5 has a mechanical disconnect for the front electric motor, which allows for better highway mileage. We were seeing the range on the Ioniq 5 starting at 260 with 100% charge and upon the return of our 60mi test drive, we had 225mi remaining (88%) on their GOM.

The tech is decent. I do enjoy the horizontal screens for IPC and Infotainment. Software was smooth and clean. Didn't find it to be buggy at all - no lags what so ever. The lack of a frunk was disappointing but the car is indeed a bit shorter in length than the MME, but doesn't feel to take away any interior cabin space.

It's a tough decision to make for me, especially since my MME has been sitting in Delaware since 11/19, and has experienced delivery delay after delay. What was originally mid-november is now 1/15 (yes, another delay).

I have an opportunity to pickup an Ioniq 5 SEL on Friday (with no ADM) and I think I'm going to take it. I'll be able to get a 2021 tax credit which can be applied towards my MY22 MME reservation, should I end up wanting the MME after all. Another bonus is with the limited number of ZEV states where Hyundai is releasing cars, it might provide decent in-the-near-future resale opportunities, again, should we not enjoy the Ioniq 5 after all.

OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
I drove an Ioniq 5 SE and SEL yesterday, both configured the same driveline wise (large battery + AWD). We were able to take it for a 60-mi cruise and I will say it's MUCH smoother than both the MME Select and Premium. The Ioniq 5 has a mechanical disconnect for the front electric motor, which allows for better highway mileage. We were seeing the range on the Ioniq 5 starting at 260 with 100% charge and upon the return of our 60mi test drive, we had 225mi remaining (88%) on their GOM.

The tech is decent. I do enjoy the horizontal screens for IPC and Infotainment. Software was smooth and clean. Didn't find it to be buggy at all - no lags what so ever. The lack of a frunk was disappointing but the car is indeed a bit shorter in length than the MME, but doesn't feel to take away any interior cabin space.

It's a tough decision to make for me, especially since my MME has been sitting in Delaware since 11/19, and has experienced delivery delay after delay. What was originally mid-november is now 1/15 (yes, another delay).

I have an opportunity to pickup an Ioniq 5 SEL on Friday (with no ADM) and I think I'm going to take it. I'll be able to get a 2021 tax credit which can be applied towards my MY22 MME reservation, should I end up wanting the MME after all. Another bonus is with the limited number of ZEV states where Hyundai is releasing cars, it might provide decent in-the-near-future resale opportunities, again, should we not enjoy the Ioniq 5 after all.
My ETA has gone from 11/21-11/27, to 1/3-1/9, and now to 12/28-1/3.

Meanwhile, my car still shows as ‘on hold’ via United Road tracking, and this morning I asked my sales rep if he had any updates via VVR, and he said “nothing yet.”

The dealer I checked with for the Ionic 5 is looking for ADM, so I’m still ‘circling the airport,’ so to speak.

Just having a little clarity would help, as @Ford Motor Company ETAs seem to be nothing more than pie in the sky.
Sponsored