Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
So for the last few weeks I’d been getting the deep sleep notice and also I’d been getting The Shutting down to save power message on my car when I started it without plugging in for a couple days.

I noticed that sometimes when the welcome lighting would come on, the backlight on the sync screen would come on too and would also stay on after the other lights went out. I figured out since my car is always in the garage and my phone is on the other side of the wall most of the time, my phone is always connected through PAAK and it’s constantly turning the welcome lighting on and off all day and the sync screen is coming on and staying on.

So I ended up turning off Welcome Lighting on the vehicle and seems to have fixed the issue, haven’t come out to the vehicle with the backlight on at all since I did that. And all the weird things that would happen when the LVB was low. So just wanted to let people know about this in case they are in same situation.
I turn welcome lighting back on if I’m parked somewhere else at night and it’s not an issue just gotta turn it off when I’m in the garage.
Sponsored

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
So for the last few weeks I’d been getting the deep sleep notice and also I’d been getting The Shutting down to save power message on my car when I started it without plugging in for a couple days.

I noticed that sometimes when the welcome lighting would come on, the backlight on the sync screen would come on too and would also stay on after the other lights went out. I figured out since my car is always in the garage and my phone is on the other side of the wall most of the time, my phone is always connected through PAAK and it’s constantly turning the welcome lighting on and off all day and the sync screen is coming on and staying on.

So I ended up turning off Welcome Lighting on the vehicle and seems to have fixed the issue, haven’t come out to the vehicle with the backlight on at all since I did that. And all the weird things that would happen when the LVB was low. So just wanted to let people know about this in case they are in same situation.
I turn welcome lighting back on if I’m parked somewhere else at night and it’s not an issue just gotta turn it off when I’m in the garage.

Yes, the welcome lighting and other 'waking up' drains can be triggered by proximity if you have FordPass and BT running on your phone.

Rather than change your welcome light settings, you may find it easier and more effective to either:
- disable BT on your phone while you are home
- 'force stop' the FordPass app while you are home

... just turn either/both back on if you are headed for the Garage to actually drive somewhere. It takes a little longer to start up FordPass than it does to turn on Bluetooth on your phone.... but either way will re-connect within 30 seconds as you get in, buckle up and prepare to depart.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My 21 Job 2 car stops turning on the welcome lighting after it sees my key/PaaK a few times in a relatively short time period. Is your car a 21 Job 1? Maybe it needs some sort of update to shut that off automatically like mine? 🤷‍♂️🐩

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
My 21 Job 2 car stops turning on the welcome lighting after it sees my key/PaaK a few times in a relatively short time period. Is your car a 21 Job 1? Maybe it needs some sort of update to shut that off automatically like mine? 🤷‍♂️🐩
I second the idea of a SW update... my job 1 recently updated car figures out that it can stop turning on the welcome lights after some number of times it sees PAAK. Kinda clever.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I second the idea of a SW update... my job 1 recently updated car figures out that it can stop turning on the welcome lights after some number of times it sees PAAK. Kinda clever.

I keep hoping that FordPass or MME Settings will enable entry of 'your garage', and allow disable of welcome lights, auto-lock, and not wake up until you actually touch the door button.... let that baby sleep.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I keep hoping that FordPass or MME Settings will enable entry of 'your garage', and allow disable of welcome lights, auto-lock, and not wake up until you actually touch the door button.... let that baby sleep.
This is the one issue my wife is really annoyed by.

It needs to be able to be set to not "walk away lock" when it is at home.

The car knows it is home as we have a charge location set so it follows the charge plan for our home.

...first world problems... :)

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, the welcome lighting and other 'waking up' drains can be triggered by proximity if you have FordPass and BT running on your phone.

Rather than change your welcome light settings, you may find it easier and more effective to either:
- disable BT on your phone while you are home
- 'force stop' the FordPass app while you are home

... just turn either/both back on if you are headed for the Garage to actually drive somewhere. It takes a little longer to start up FordPass than it does to turn on Bluetooth on your phone.... but either way will re-connect within 30 seconds as you get in, buckle up and prepare to depart.
Yeah, I think you missed the part where the sync screen backlight stays on all night. That was the primary drain. This didn’t start happening until one of the last updates.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It does but the Sync screen backlight stays on, this is the primary drain.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Yeah, I think you missed the part where the sync screen backlight stays on all night. That was the primary drain. This didn’t start happening until one of the last updates.
hhhmmmm, that sounds like you should take it into the Dealership, verify the screen stays on, and have them negotiate the appropriate repair/update under Warranty since this is not 'normal' design behavior. The screen should turn off when vehicle is off.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
hhhmmmm, that sounds like you should take it into the Dealership, verify the screen stays on, and have them negotiate the appropriate repair/update under Warranty since this is not 'normal' design behavior. The screen should turn off when vehicle is off.
Eh, it seems like a bug like the TSB for the IPC, not worth taking to dealer and dealing with explaining it to them. Will keep an eye on it and might be fixed with coming OTAs.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My Job 1 car does also, and always has behaved that way.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car is fully up to date, and the behavior hasn't changed. Not sure why some cars behave differently.
It’s just the backlight on, the screen doesn’t have any graphics on it, but when welcome lights is off, it doesn’t happen. Wondering if it’s related to the TSB about the IPC staying on that came out a couple months ago.

Deleted member 3569

My "12v Battery Fault - Service Soon" pop ups came right after I did the CSP 21P22. I ended up taking to the dealer but they were not able to fix it ... I posted my lamentations on this forum, and an actual Ford Motor Co. rep contacted and assigned me a CAS case file. This time when I was at the dealership the Ford tech team provided support and this is the synopsis of their work:
  • EEC test - No code;
  • 12v Batt test - Pass;
  • PID insp & monitor - SoC @ 75%;
  • Reset BSC - as per Tech Support, 12v batt SoC @ 75%; and
  • Let it sit over week end (vehicle OFF ? or ON? ... no idea) 12v Batt SoC @ 80% on Monday AM and no Error messages.
I have since charged (L2) at my home to 90% SoC and driven around and no pop up warnings ...!!!

PS: Lighting set to 0 seconds after Shut OFF.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: