Finally after 6 months

fawzma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
alfa romeo
Country flag
Ok I know others have waited way longer.. anyway

Got to test drive my own order Rapid Red 4x. The demo the dealer has just got fixed after being there since February.

Test drive was nice. 0-60 was a fun roller coaster launch (only 50% charged). turning radius is nice, nothing out of the ordinary. The car does have some heft to it. My kid did mention how smooth it rode. I agreed. The tires seem out of place for how thin they looked as i watched the sales guy turn it around.

The screen buzz is there but not as bad as the demo car. I think I can live with it as I have no plans to road trip with this. I'm pretty sure this part will be recalled as it can't be normal.

It's easy to get in, I'm 6'1" and my knees didn't hit the screen. My Altima seats are like a couch and you sink in and puts pressure under my leg. Never even thought about seat adjustments till now. The hoodline curves are pronounced and doesn't block my view from anything. My Equinox kinda has the same curves but not as dramatic.

The hood does need a good slam to get shut. Feels like its got a good seal hence the amount of pressure needed.

The pano roof / windshield didn't have the uneven placement.. BUT the roof is higher than the windshield by about 1/8 or 3/16 inch maybe. After the test drive and did another walk around, I did notice on the passenger side that the roof edge caught a dirtball as you could see how it exploded, I think it may have even damaged the rubber on that leading edge. If it were a rock who knows what would have happened. There needs to be a deflector along that edge if this is they way it was designed.

Wind/Road noise wasn't that bad. Certainly quieter than a "normal" car. I don't mind it as I drive without music a lot and I am one of those that sleep with a fan in the middle of winter.. so..

As for dealer interaction, the online price with x-plan didn't match what they came up with. Finance numbers I think are being gamed. Super odd that all their numbers came up 50-60 more than what loan calculators were coming back with for the same months/APRs. Pretty sure options/lease numbers are goofy as well. The 500 initial deposit didn't seem to be part of the final price either.

Overall.. Awsome car.

Will I buy? I need to sleep on this. They are getting it to 100% and will have to work through my questions back to them before I decide.

Now I know what it feels like to be in a 1/1 RC car :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Finally after 6 months 1

Ford Mustang Mach-E Finally after 6 months 2

OP
OP

fawzma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
alfa romeo
Country flag
yeah. probably.. guessing at 3k in taxes and its about 50-60 extra for those months/aprs

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
The screen buzz is there but not as bad as the demo car. I think I can live with it as I have no plans to road trip with this. I'm pretty sure this part will be recalled as it can't be normal.
At least a TSB anyway, I hope every day to see some acknowledgement from Ford on the buzz. If you can live with it, that's great. I am 3 months in and I'm still not sure whether I can.

Overall it looks great! I am regretting not getting mine in that red - absolutely gorgeous!

88 KILOWATTS PER HOUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Chevy Bolt EUV
Country flag
Ok I know others have waited way longer.. anyway

Got to test drive my own order Rapid Red 4x. The demo the dealer has just got fixed after being there since February.

Test drive was nice. 0-60 was a fun roller coaster launch (only 50% charged). turning radius is nice, nothing out of the ordinary. The car does have some heft to it. My kid did mention how smooth it rode. I agreed. The tires seem out of place for how thin they looked as i watched the sales guy turn it around.

It's easy to get in, I'm 6'1" and my knees didn't hit the screen. My Altima seats are like a couch and you sink in and puts pressure under my leg. Never even thought about seat adjustments till now. The hoodline curves are pronounced and doesn't block my view from anything. My Equinox kinda has the same curves but not as dramatic.

The hood does need a good slam to get shut. Feels like its got a good seal hence the amount of pressure needed.

The pano roof / windshield didn't have the uneven placement.. BUT the roof is higher than the windshield by about 1/8 or 3/16 inch maybe. After the test drive and did another walk around, I did notice on the passenger side that the roof edge caught a dirtball as you could see how it exploded, I think it may have even damaged the rubber on that leading edge. If it were a rock who knows what would have happened. There needs to be a deflector along that edge if this is they way it was designed.

Wind/Road noise wasn't that bad. Certainly quieter than a "normal" car. I don't mind it as I drive without music a lot and I am one of those that sleep with a fan in the middle of winter.. so..

As for dealer interaction, the online price with x-plan didn't match what they came up with. Finance numbers I think are being gamed. Super odd that all their numbers came up 50-60 more than what loan calculators were coming back with for the same months/APRs. Pretty sure options/lease numbers are goofy as well. The 500 initial deposit didn't seem to be part of the final price either.

Overall.. Awsome car.

Will I buy? I need to sleep on this. They are getting it to 100% and will have to work through my questions back to them before I decide.

Now I know what it feels like to be in a 1/1 RC car :)

Wow that red really pops ?
Torn between this and Infinite Blue ?

steverm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
.maxima, Lexus RX 450h
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I recently test drove the Volvo XC40 Recharge for about 40 miles. The ride was much better than the Mach e. I thought the seats were more comfortable too. What soured me on the car was the Google service, On Call, and the 4g Lte all require more money after 4 years. The 200 mile range didn't help.

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2022 - Limited Edition Iced White
Occupation
Technical
Country flag
It looks like you have the lighter interior. Goes well with the shiny red.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Congrats on its arrival. I love mine even though it’s a year and a half old. Either way to decide I hope it’s the right one for you. 😊🐩

$3K in taxes? Wow! I wish mine were only $3K. My car’s sales tax was more than twice that and my DMV fees were nearly $1K. I hate how my state taxes stuff. LOL 😅🐩

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Dog is drinking again...