Finally got around installing the aftermarket autolift gate with foot module for CR1

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I sometimes wish I had that, but at the same time I donā€™t carry a fob and Iā€™m not sure how I feel about the sensor.

Would be nice though. Iā€™m SOOOOOOO over opening the back, closing it, and as Iā€™m walking to my door seeing my mirrors fold in. Every dang timeā€¦.. Requires using my door code to get it opened.

OP
OP
Megabueno

Megabueno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE
Country flag
I sometimes wish I had that, but at the same time I donā€™t carry a fob and Iā€™m not sure how I feel about the sensor.

Would be nice though. Iā€™m SOOOOOOO over opening the back, closing it, and as Iā€™m walking to my door seeing my mirrors fold in. Every dang timeā€¦.. Requires using my door code to get it opened.
I just didnā€™t want to pay ? for premium but I did like this feature.

Jscotty

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
This is pretty cool. How difficult was the install?

OP
OP
Megabueno

Megabueno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE
Country flag
This is pretty cool. How difficult was the install?
For me it was 7/10 because I was the Guinea pig but I did a write up and I think it can done in 1-1.5 hour and 5/10 difficulty.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Awesome! a great addition for folks that want the auto liftgate. It is a nice feature. How much was the kit? Where did you order it from? What was the hardest install part? Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Megabueno

Megabueno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE
Country flag
Awesome! a great addition for folks that want the auto liftgate. It is a nice feature. How much was the kit? Where did you order it from? What was the hardest install part? Thanks for sharing.
Retails for $700; hardest part was routing cables through grommet; luckily I worked with manufacturer to redesign the location of the control module.

AG_MachE

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E: California Route 1 edition
Country flag
Retails for $700; hardest part was routing cables through grommet; luckily I worked with manufacturer to redesign the location of the control module.
Definitely missing this in my life! Can you share the URL where you picked this up?

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I would love this but I fear if I do get it it will end up on a shelf next to the reverse camera for my Explorer I still have not installed 2 years later.

Scipio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT Performance
Country flag
since the 22s no longer come with this sensor is there a cheaper after market kit for the '22 models? I assume they might already have the wiring just not the actual sensor?

OP
OP
Megabueno

Megabueno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE
Country flag
since the 22s no longer come with this sensor is there a cheaper after market kit for the '22 models? I assume they might already have the wiring just not the actual sensor?
I would love to test out my sensor on a ā€˜22. Any one who owns a ā€˜22 in San Diego who wants me to try it??

Scipio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT Performance
Country flag
I would love to test out my sensor on a ā€˜22. Any one who owns a ā€˜22 in San Diego who wants me to try it??
I'm in SD and waiting for my gt performance. Latest eta is next week but it keeps getting pushed back so who knows

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'm in SD waiting for a GTPE from the 1/10 build week. It is still on chip hold but I am very interested in seeing what it takes to install a foot sensor for the back. I can contact you when my car arrives.
Sponsored