Finally got around installing the aftermarket autolift gate with foot module for CR1

OP
OP
Megabueno

Megabueno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE
Country flag
I'm in SD waiting for a GTPE from the 1/10 build week. It is still on chip hold but I am very interested in seeing what it takes to install a foot sensor for the back. I can contact you when my car arrives.
The module I work with taps into the trunk button (from the trunk) and 12v and ground. Routing the wires through the grommet is no fun but Iā€™m pretty use to it now.
Sponsored

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The module I work with taps into the trunk button (from the trunk) and 12v and ground. Routing the wires through the grommet is no fun but Iā€™m pretty use to it now.
Thank you for the information and the offer to help. I will contact you in a couple months when my car arrives.

Quadzilla

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E CA Route 1
Country flag
I wonder if we can generate enough interest for a groupbuy with them?

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
For me it was 7/10 because I was the Guinea pig but I did a write up and I think it can done in 1-1.5 hour and 5/10 difficulty.
@Megabueno It would be great to have a write up to understand at least the steps to install this. I am on the fence. I liked the this as an option but it got removed from my '22 order. However, with the stories of the trunk opening and hitting the garage doors, I am not sure I want it now. Hope you can do a quick install summary. My questions would be: Do we have to change the lift struts? Do we have to drill the bumper? Looks like there is a control module, where does that go? Does the car give an error code when it is connected? T

OP
OP
Megabueno

Megabueno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE
Country flag
@Megabueno Do we have to change the lift struts? Do we have to drill the bumper? Looks like there is a control module, where does that go? Does the car give an error code when it is connected?
I would need a ā€˜22 to test. Also, there are two things we need to differentiate: 1) You shouldnā€™t need new power strut if you have autolift gate but would like to add the foot module. 2) if you donā€™t have an auto Liftgate then you will need to replace the struts

As for the write up, I can consider putting on together this weekend.

Scipio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT Performance
Country flag
I would need a ā€˜22 to test. Also, there are two things we need to differentiate: 1) You shouldnā€™t need new power strut if you have autolift gate but would like to add the foot module. 2) if you donā€™t have an auto Liftgate then you will need to replace the struts

As for the write up, I can consider putting on together this weekend.
My gt pe 22 arrived two weeks ago and just remembered this thread. Let me know what you were thinking, I'm in PQ area

OP
OP
Megabueno

Megabueno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE
Country flag
My gt pe 22 arrived two weeks ago and just remembered this thread. Let me know what you were thinking, I'm in PQ area
I have a standalone foot module that I would like to try out. It taps into the trunk button, ground, and fuse box. It shouldnt take longer than 1-2 hours to test. If it works, I can sell the unit/labor for a reduce cost of $100. Let me know if that works?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
For a ā€˜22, would it need an aftermarket kit, or could you just order the missing factory parts and install those?

Even if the factory parts are on back order, I assume you could get them eventually.

Someone would just have to figure out exactly whatā€™s missing.

OP
OP
Megabueno

Megabueno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE
Country flag
For a ā€˜22, would it need an aftermarket kit, or could you just order the missing factory parts and install those?

Even if the factory parts are on back order, I assume you could get them eventually.

Someone would just have to figure out exactly whatā€™s missing.
the piece Iā€™m testing would be the standalone part. You can try ordering from Ford, I wouldnā€™t have a part number. Itā€™s not a kit btw, itā€™s a module because the car already should have auto Liftgate.

Scipio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT Performance
Country flag
I have a standalone foot module that I would like to try out. It taps into the trunk button, ground, and fuse box. It shouldnt take longer than 1-2 hours to test. If it works, I can sell the unit/labor for a reduce cost of $100. Let me know if that works?
Sounds good send me a dm

Quadzilla

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E CA Route 1
Country flag
Hi Megabueno. Did you get a chance to finish that install video? My package just got delivered and I think I'm going to try and tackle it this weekend.

OP
OP
Megabueno

Megabueno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE
Country flag
Hi Megabueno. Did you get a chance to finish that install video? My package just got delivered and I think I'm going to try and tackle it this weekend.
my drive got wiped! I had the video but now itā€™s gone. Let me know what type of help you needā€¦message me