Finally got around installing the aftermarket autolift gate with foot module for CR1

Tomcattjs

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select
Country flag
I installed the Autoease kit this weekend, but I’m not sure where to grab power from. Is there a usable power source in the rear hatch area? If not, is there a specific fuse in the fuse block that people are using?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Megabueno

Megabueno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE
Country flag
I installed the Autoease kit this weekend, but I’m not sure where to grab power from. Is there a usable power source in the rear hatch area? If not, is there a specific fuse in the fuse block that people are using?
use the 30amp fuse in the passenger side fuse box.

Tomcattjs

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select
Country flag
I’m new to this forum and I’m not sure if everyone knows that you can buy the Autoease kit in a different way. If you click on the Powered by Autoease Technology link, at the bottom of the Autoease website, you can buy the kit without the foot kick sensor and save $69. It’s not much, but at least I won’t get stuck with extra parts that I don’t want to install.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I wonder if you can install this on a Select AWD. I don't know if it has any of the sensors. Kind of the only spec I feel I am missing that I wish I had. Didn't care about the B&O, the Blue Cruise, the heated seats (that much) or the glass roof.

Tomcattjs

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select
Country flag
I wonder if you can install this on a Select AWD. I don't know if it has any of the sensors. Kind of the only spec I feel I am missing that I wish I had. Didn't care about the B&O, the Blue Cruise, the heated seats (that much) or the glass roof.
Not sure if you’re referring specifically to the Foot kick sensor, but I did just finish installing the kit without the foot kick sensor on my 2022 select AWD and it works perfectly

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Not sure if you’re referring specifically to the Foot kick sensor, but I did just finish installing the kit without the foot kick sensor on my 2022 select AWD and it works perfectly
Not sure if I care about the kick sensor.

Tomcattjs

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select
Country flag
The pictures in the Autoease instructions show a spare tire, but my 2022 doesn’t have a spare. Did the 2021’s have a spare? I’m wondering because my trunk floor is totally different than the instruction pics. Because of this, I had to make a few modifications to how/where the control box and latch motor are mounted. I’m curious because I haven’t seen this mentioned in the forum.

OP
OP
Megabueno

Megabueno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE
Country flag
The pictures in the Autoease instructions show a spare tire, but my 2022 doesn’t have a spare. Did the 2021’s have a spare? I’m wondering because my trunk floor is totally different than the instruction pics. Because of this, I had to make a few modifications to how/where the control box and latch motor are mounted. I’m curious because I haven’t seen this mentioned in the forum.
I’m pretty sure all my installs (I’ve done about 10) consists of placing the latch motor below the rear trims and routed to the right side. I unclip the trims and tucked the unit and connectors there too.

Tomcattjs

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select
Country flag
I also routed the latch motor to the right side and put it behind the right panel, but I didn’t like the idea of mounting it only with adhesive tape like the manual said. I did use the adhesive tape, but then I used 2 self tapping screws in the 2 holes in the box to secure it to the sheet metal. I couldn’t find a good place to secure the control box on the right side, so I bent a 6” piece of aluminum Angle to make a simple bracket that I attached to the control box and then I riveted it to the hatch near the back of the latch area. This probably made it more difficult to route all the wires up to the hatch and to the control box, but it’s where I wanted the control box and this was a simple solution for me.

crc4430

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach E California Route 1
Country flag
Question @Megabueno and others - I got the same kit from Autoease, and was able to get the power liftgate working. Both the factory and aftermarket buttons work to open and close the liftgate. I can't get the foot sensor to work. It gets 12V just fine, it's plugged into ground, but then it's not outputting 3V through the trigger wire. Nothing happens when I move my foot underneath. The sensor is installed inside the rear bumper with "sensor" text on top, and 3M pad facing bottom. Trigger wire is connected to the factory brown wire on liftgate button (the one in the center).

How did you have it wired?

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
@Megabueno your video online shows you can use the keyfob to open the auto liftgate, can you do the same via the SYNC UI?
Sponsored