Finally got my build date! YEA! But not going to take delivery.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
Premium
RWD extended
IB exterior (truthfully don't remember which interior color I picked)

Ordered it direct from the dealer on 7/18/2020 (no reservation)
build week is 5/24/2021

I was excited that Ford was making a "long" range EV. I wanted the large service infrastructure for my first EV.
However didn't want the a first gen 50k car so had planned to wait for gen 2 or 3 so I never put in a reservation.
But in researching for my future purchase I found this forum and in reading about it I got excited.
I thought it through and figured with the trade in for a sub 50k mileage explorer and 7500 tax credit and refundable deposit with no commitment I would put in my order. Turns out I didn't even need to put down deposit to my dealer. So win/win

However life continues. While my job has not been affected by the last year people close to me have and I have to help them. So that car payment, which I do not have now, is more useful to go to others in need.
Also with seeing the current issues people are having I feel the car is just not ready for me. I believe that ford will correct these and maybe by the time my car is ready to build but my previous thoughts to wait for the next gen have shown to be the best option for me.

I will keep the forum posted on the delivery in case someone else wants to jump the queue.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Premium
RWD extended

build week is 5/24/2021

I was excided that Ford was making a "long" range EV. I wanted the large service infrastructure for my first EV.
However didn't want the a first gen 50k car so had planned to wait for gen 2 or 3 so I never put in a reservation.
But in researching for my future purchase I found this forum and in reading about it I got excited.
I thought it through and figured with the trade in for a sub 50k mileage explorer and 7500 tax credit and refundable deposit with no commitment I would put in my order. Turns out I didn't even need to put down deposit to my dealer. So win/win

However life continues. While my job has not been affected by the last year people close to me have and I have to help them. So that car payment, which I do not have now, is more useful to go to others in need.
Also with the seeing the current issues people are having I feel the car is just not ready for me. I believe that ford will correct these and maybe by the time my car is ready to build but my previous thoughts to wait for the next gen have shown to be the best option for me.

I will keep the forum posted on the delivery in case someone else wants to jump the queue.
Sorry to hear that, but understand your situation. Stay well!

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Premium
RWD extended

build week is 5/24/2021

I was excided that Ford was making a "long" range EV. I wanted the large service infrastructure for my first EV.

Also with seeing the current issues people are having I feel the car is just not ready for me. I believe that ford will correct these and maybe by the time my car is ready to build but my previous thoughts to wait for the next gen have shown to be the best option for me.

That's understandable. We all have to make those tough decisions at some point. There will be a Mach-E (or something else) in your future when the situation changes.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Premium
RWD extended

build week is 5/24/2021

Hang around your well liked.

OP
OP

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
That's understandable. We all have to make those tough decisions at some point. There will be a Mach-E (or something else) in your future when the situation changes.
I am a ford guy so I believe old(er) me is going to have a ford EV soon

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Sorry to hear that, but it makes sense. Good luck, and hope to see you in a year or 2 in your brand new Ford BEV

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
(checks ticket book) your record is clean so far, feel free to hang around because we like you.

but don't push your luck!

?

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Premium
RWD extended

build week is 5/24/2021

I was excited that Ford was making a "long" range EV. I wanted the large service infrastructure for my first EV.

This brings up a good question. I know there has been a small number of delivery's to customers, but I wonder what the "fall out" number could be. (orders declined at time of purchase). In a former life I managed the pre-orders for a large product roll out for a computer company who's corporate symbol was a piece of fruit. I get that small consumer product do not relate to a large car purchase, but the "fall out" percent was around 7%.
Sponsored