Finally got my MME back after getting rear-ended. Another data point for repair cost and parts availability.

jnthn98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Finally got my MME back after getting rear-ended. Another data point for repair cost and parts availability. IMG_20210707_124442533_3

I was rear-ended in a parking lot at low speed back in July. Damage didn't look too bad...mostly on the bumper and a scuff on the rear tailgate. After dealing with insurance stuff, I drop off my car at the body shop in late August. They took the rear bumper off and found more parts need to be replaced. A supplement estimate was created and more parts ordered. Due to the industry-wide parts shortage (apparently not limited to only semiconductor), there was a wait (no ETA initially). Thankfully, the delay wasn't too bad given the current events. My MME spent a little over 3 weeks at the body shop, but at least it is not til the end of the year as I was fearing (from reading other posts, although they had more damages). I also reached out to Ford to see if they can help. Not sure if they were able to speed things up, but I am glad that someone responded.

With modern cars, parts are really expensive even though the damage may look minor. In the end, the whole repair costed just under $3500, which included about $900 in labor. The rest is parts and sales tax.

On another note, does anyone has experience with Diminished Value claims in California? I reached out to the other party's insurance (National General), who is taking responsibility thanks to my rear dashcam footage, and the rep said she never heard of such claim before. I was surprised. Later, they came back and said that they do not pay diminished value for cars that are repaired. I think they are missing the point as diminished value has nothing to do with repair-ability. If I sell my repaired car now, it will be worth less because it has an accident in the DMV/Carfax report. I am not sure what to do at this point, but in my research, I found out that CA is a state that allows this type of claim. I googled it too and it seems common, which is why I am so surprised at the reply from a national insurance company. ? If anyone has any advice on how to pursue this, please let me know.
Sponsored

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
lawyer up brother, you're in california.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Finally got my MME back after getting rear-ended. Another data point for repair cost and parts availability. IMG_20210707_124442533_3

I was rear-ended in a parking lot at low speed back in July. Damage didn't look too bad...mostly on the bumper and a scuff on the rear tailgate. After dealing with insurance stuff, I drop off my car at the body shop in late August. They took the rear bumper off and found more parts need to be replaced. A supplement estimate was created and more parts ordered. Due to the industry-wide parts shortage (apparently not limited to only semiconductor), there was a wait (no ETA initially). Thankfully, the delay wasn't too bad given the current events. My MME spent a little over 3 weeks at the body shop, but at least it is not til the end of the year as I was fearing (from reading other posts, although they had more damages). I also reached out to Ford to see if they can help. Not sure if they were able to speed things up, but I am glad that someone responded.

With modern cars, parts are really expensive even though the damage may look minor. In the end, the whole repair costed just under $3500, which included about $900 in labor. The rest is parts and sales tax.

On another note, does anyone has experience with Diminished Value claims in California? I reached out to the other party's insurance (National General), who is taking responsibility thanks to my rear dashcam footage, and the rep said she never heard of such claim before. I was surprised. Later, they came back and said that they do not pay diminished value for cars that are repaired. I think they are missing the point as diminished value has nothing to do with repair-ability. If I sell my repaired car now, it will be worth less because it has an accident in the DMV/Carfax report. I am not sure what to do at this point, but in my research, I found out that CA is a state that allows this type of claim. I googled it too and it seems common, which is why I am so surprised at the reply from a national insurance company. ? If anyone has any advice on how to pursue this, please let me know.
keep going up the chain, my brother in law received about 3k more for diminished value after he fought for it on his 911. That was Florida but you should be able to get it in the long run.

JamesInWeston

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered 8-25-21: 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E CalRt1
Occupation
Risk Management/Insurance
Country flag
The National General claims adjuster is lying when they say they've not heard of such claims. And their policy does not exclude it. Do your online research as to documentation of the diminution portion of your loss. And ask for a claims supervisor.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag

I'm in Georgia so this might not be the same for you but I had a brand new LR Discovery Sport with 1300 miles that was rear ended and instead of using Insurance which always want to low ball you, I found a company that specializes in Diminished Value claims. It cost around $300 but got me $6000 dollars worth of Diminished value and my Insurance company paid it out once I submitted the report to them. So you may want to see if that exists in California