crusader10

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME ER AWD
Country flag
Hello there, long time reader, first time poster. I ordered on 4/29 and haven't heard a word from the dealer or Ford (aside from periodic marketing emails from Ford) since then. I've periodically checked my order status on Ford.com, and after checking again this morning...I have a build date! "Week of 11/22" which I gather from other threads means it'll be one of the last '21s off the line.

Obviously I wish it were sooner, but I've waited this long, so what's a couple more months? I also think it's a little odd that the dealer didn't call to let me know it'd been scheduled, but I guess some dealers are better than others.
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Hello there, long time reader, first time poster. I ordered on 4/29 and haven't heard a word from the dealer or Ford (aside from periodic marketing emails from Ford) since then. I've periodically checked my order status on Ford.com, and after checking again this morning...I have a build date! "Week of 11/22" which I gather from other threads means it'll be one of the last '21s off the line.

Obviously I wish it were sooner, but I've waited this long, so what's a couple more months? I also think it's a little odd that the dealer didn't call to let me know it'd been scheduled, but I guess some dealers are better than others.
You won't get your car in 2021, so a whole year to get the $7500 tax credit. I'd cancel and get the '22 at this point. Too bad the dealer can't keep your place in line though I guess.

OP
OP

crusader10

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME ER AWD
Country flag
You won't get your car in 2021, so a whole year to get the $7500 tax credit. I'd cancel and get the '22 at this point. Too bad the dealer can't keep your place in line though I guess.
I thought briefly about that, but after waiting this long, and reading about everyone's experiences here, I'm just ready to finally have the car. If it means I have to wait until 2023 (tax year 2022) to claim the credit, that's a tradeoff I'm able to live with.

But I know not everyone will see it that way or be able to float the $7500 for a year. YMMV.

Happy

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 mustang gt
Occupation
accountant
Country flag
I ordered a Mach GT and recently got my production date and vin#. According to the current IRS EV credit law once a car manufacturer exceeds 200,00 EV cars produced you will no longer receive the entire EV tax credit of $7,500. The problem I see is if you order a 2022 Mach E you have no idea when you will actually get the car. I just checked on the IRS website to see the Ford EV sales. As of the end of 2020, Ford had produced around 135,,000 cars out of the 200,000 EV cars limit. I prefer to get the entire $7500 tax credit and not risk getting something less. so I am sticking with my 2021 Mach E.

spanky99L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti Q50, F250, 2000 Lightning
Occupation
I Blow Stuff Up
Country flag
I ordered a Mach GT and recently got my production date and vin#. According to the current IRS EV credit law once a car manufacturer exceeds 200,00 EV cars produced you will no longer receive the entire EV tax credit of $7,500. The problem I see is if you order a 2022 Mach E you have no idea when you will actually get the car. I just checked on the IRS website to see the Ford EV sales. As of the end of 2020, Ford had produced around 135,,000 cars out of the 200,000 EV cars limit. I prefer to get the entire $7500 tax credit and not risk getting something less. so I am sticking with my 2021 Mach E.
Its US Sales only. You are Ok until 2023 at the least and then it drops by 50% the quarter after they hit 200K.

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
the ev credit will be changing and while details vary and won’t be clear until a bill is passed, the 200k limit by manufacturer is almost certain to no longer exist.
Sponsored