Rob S

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mustang Ecoboost, 2022 MME GT Star White
Country flag
The best laid plans.... after four months in a shop, the insurance company totaled my wife's car yesterday. As a result, the careful planning I've been doing, including learning so much from all of you, got put to the test today as we had to scramble and get her a car.

Instead of ordering our 2023 CR1, when we want it (sometime next year), we were forced to get a MME NOW, TODAY, PRONTO. HEre on Long Island there are very few MMEs available in stock. Fortunately, we found ours, a 2022 GT, at our local ford dealer. We did end up paying some ADM on the car, but lower than they were asking. and less than the price of a 2023 MME GT. Plus we are getting double what we expected on our totaled car. If we didn't buy it, another couple was there interested in the same car. I estimate we were a couple minutes away from losing the car to them.

In all, not the best deal I ever got on a car, but hey it's October 2022, there are very few electric vehicles in stock on lots around here, and our daily driver was totaled. We'll get 'em next time.

Still excited for my wife, and her new GT. We test drove one today, and she LOVED the power. This is our fourth mustang ('79 Fox 6Cyl, '89 LX 5.0, and my current ''17 Ecoboost), and we can't wait for delivery next weekend!

Now focusing on getting a charging station set up at home. Trying to decide between the Chargepoint and Juicebox. Any suggestions welcome!
Sponsored

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag
Congratulations. Still waiting for my 10/10 build date.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I don't have experience with the JuiceBox, but I've got the ChargePoint Home Flex and absolutely love it. Rock solid, easy to use, and high quality.

Last edited:

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
When I was researching chargers I liked the ChargePoint best but they were out of stock for several weeks. I ended up with an Emporia charger and it has been amazing, would definitely recommend.

Congrats on your new Mach-E, you’ll love it.

OP
OP
Rob S

Rob S

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Forgot to mention.. I had installed solar at our home last year, and we now have over 6,200kws in the bank with our utility. That's why we HAD to get an EV this weekend ADM or not. She puts about 13k on her car each year, so we should be in good shape for a while! Still pissed we had to pay any ADM, but it is what it is.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Congrats on the new MME! Sorry your other car got totaled. I hope nobody got hurt. 😊🐩

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
The best laid plans.... after four months in a shop, the insurance company totaled my wife's car yesterday. As a result, the careful planning I've been doing, including learning so much from all of you, got put to the test today as we had to scramble and get her a car.

Instead of ordering our 2023 CR1, when we want it (sometime next year), we were forced to get a MME NOW, TODAY, PRONTO. HEre on Long Island there are very few MMEs available in stock. Fortunately, we found ours, a 2022 GT, at our local ford dealer. We did end up paying some ADM on the car, but lower than they were asking. and less than the price of a 2023 MME GT. Plus we are getting double what we expected on our totaled car. If we didn't buy it, another couple was there interested in the same car. I estimate we were a couple minutes away from losing the car to them.

In all, not the best deal I ever got on a car, but hey it's October 2022, there are very few electric vehicles in stock on lots around here, and our daily driver was totaled. We'll get 'em next time.

Still excited for my wife, and her new GT. We test drove one today, and she LOVED the power. This is our fourth mustang ('79 Fox 6Cyl, '89 LX 5.0, and my current ''17 Ecoboost), and we can't wait for delivery next weekend!

Now focusing on getting a charging station set up at home. Trying to decide between the Chargepoint and Juicebox. Any suggestions welcome!
Pictures!?

OP
OP
Rob S

Rob S

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats on the new MME! Sorry your other car got totaled. I hope nobody got hurt. 😊🐩
Nobody hurt. Actually kinda wacky. wife's car hit in parking lot at work. Local body shop said it would take a week to fix. Once they got into it though, they noticed frame damage from a previous (improperly relaired) rear-end accident. The more they peeled away, the more unfixed damage they found. Insurance company was totally stand-up, as I went to their recommended shop, and are now totaling the car. We are disappointed because we loved the car. Wife always said the car didn't feel right ever since the accident. She was right.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Congrats

i have Juicebox and no issues at all

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Forgot to mention.. I had installed solar at our home last year, and we now have over 6,200kws in the bank with our utility. That's why we HAD to get an EV this weekend ADM or not. She puts about 13k on her car each year, so we should be in good shape for a while! Still pissed we had to pay any ADM, but it is what it is.
We were able to get ours last year for MSRP and I had a hard time over that! I bought my Ram for 8K below MSRP but that was 20 years ago!!

OP
OP
Rob S

Rob S

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We were able to get ours last year for MSRP and I had a hard time over that! I bought my Ram for 8K below MSRP but that was 20 years ago!!
You know it killed me to pay over msrp. I am old school too, and honestly paying msrp is something I've never done. But we needed the car, and my wife's smile when she hit the gas... er pedal....

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Congrats.

I have 2 chargepoint homeflex..es at 2 different locations charging 3 different EVs. Very happy with them. I only wish I could de-rate it since 40A is more than I need 90% of the time.

OP
OP
Rob S

Rob S

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats.

I have 2 chargepoint homeflex..es at 2 different locations charging 3 different EVs. Very happy with them. I only wish I could de-rate it since 40A is more than I need 90% of the time.
We're leaning towards the chargepoint. Why is it more than you need? Just want to make sure I understand how this works - is it because you don't need to charge as quickly?

BTW - ours is Star white too!
Sponsored