Finally made a decision.

Zer0t

Threads
Reaction score
Rumson, NJ; Marco Island, FL; Amelia Island, FL
Vehicles
2023 Model S Plaid
Country flag
My wife and I have been going around and around about a new EV. She drove a 2022 GTPE in early March and we didn’t want to pay the 10k mark up on the car. Also, MME GTPE is already a bit pricey. Yes we could’ve gotten a lower spec car but the one “must“ have was the magnetic ride suspension—it’s great.

We looked at the Polestar 2, the Hyundai, Kia EV6, the BMWi4 and then finally ordered another M3P from Tesla. It’s pre-price increases and is now 4500 bucks more than when I configured. I used an extra email so someone can get the car for a good price and I can get my 250 bucks back.

And since I’m posting here it’s kind of evident we decided we’d go MME. I was poking around this am and a local dealer, shout out to Larson Ford in Lakewood, NJ, said we are an MSRP dealer. They even gave me a 750 dollar coupon from their website and NJ is a no sales tax on EV state. I think it was quite a good deal for a fully optioned Space White GTPE. Now tomorrow I’m drag racing it against my Taycan 4S.

I must say I’m pretty impressed with the cabin, ride and features thus far.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Congrats on your new MME! 😊🐩

GrayWolf

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT (Star White Metallic)
Country flag
Congrats - it's such a great car. Hope you get tons of use and enjoyment out of it!

OP
OP

Zer0t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model S Plaid
Country flag
in 3 weeks I’m taking it on a 3800 mile grand tour. I did the same route with my Taycan around thanksgiving. I have to do the route planning now for the MME because charging isn’t quite what it is on the Taycan but that’ll be ok.

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
I have always loved the look of the Taycan S
Isn’t it faster than the GTPE?

OP
OP

Zer0t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model S Plaid
Country flag
I have always loved the look of the Taycan S
Isn’t it faster than the GTPE?
It better be and that's no knock on the Mach-E. :).

I have to be honest though the seating position and interior on the Mach-E make it quite pleasant. I can't wait to road trip it. I have all my plug adapters and my Tesla Tap already to go in a few weeks. I just want to do some research on charging, stops ,etc. I also have to wait for my youngest to get home from school so he can watch the dog.

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
It better be and that's no knock on the Mach-E. :).

I have to be honest though the seating position and interior on the Mach-E make it quite pleasant. I can't wait to road trip it. I have all my plug adapters and my Tesla Tap already to go in a few weeks. I just want to do some research on charging, stops ,etc. I also have to wait for my youngest to get home from school so he can watch the dog.
Good deal but to plan your trip with the MME, all you need to do is enter the address for the destination the Sync 4 system will give you a list of Chargers along the way right on the screen.
I would also download the Electrify America App on the cell as a back up for chargers along the way.

I have used the Electrify DC 3 station twice near my home....Very fast and ez to use. Once you download the App and create an account.....The charger will recognize your MME once you connect it. It will also save you some $ with an account versus paying without it ($0.43/kWh vs $0.31/kWh)
Sponsored