Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
We picked up car this afternoon. Too dark for pictures when we got home. Just as note. Our windshield/Roof is aligned perfectly. All body panels well aligned. There is one rear hatch gasket that is a little funky and will bear watching. Neither my wife nor I could detect any noise from the drivers display panel. All updates had been performed. Drives even better than what I remembered from the demos. We stopped on top of Blood Mountain on way home from Atlanta and were immediately surrounded by about 20 guys on crotch rockets wanting a closer look. They all agreed the car looked great. Will have to sit down tomorrow and do all the programming and stuff. Then it will be off to get a ceramic coating.

Our experience at the dealer was typical. We had to play the good guy and bitch game to get the dealer to honor a trade in quote on our 2019 Nissan Leaf. I hate car dealers. They tried to tell us the interest rate was 8.85% on the Mach-E. I said really? Then showed them where it was 1.9%. (We both have credit scores north of 800.) Then, and after the finance manager fussed and grumbled and re-did the number he wanted us to fill out credit applications. We told him no thank you that we were paying cash. You should have seen his face fall. Of course we rejected all the add-on gimmicks and protection packages.

All in all took us three hours to get the car and get the hell out of there. Then had to go charge the car as it was only about 53% when we arrived at the dealer. DCFC at a EVGO station worked great. A little over ten minutes to get to about 80%. Then the joy of driving the car home on a gorgeous day through the mountains. Worth the 15 month wait.
Sponsored

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Congrats! Enjoy a great car.
I believe Ford and others will switch to direct sales. There is no justification for all those dealership shenanigans. Whoever does it first will have a competitive advantage. Some states have laws prohibiting direct sales, but it's only a matter of time they will be repealed.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Congrats! Did it arrive at the dealer the day before? They’re supposed to charge it to 100%

88 KILOWATTS PER HOUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Congrats! Enjoy a great car.
I believe Ford and others will switch to direct sales. There is no justification for all those dealership shenanigans. Whoever does it first will have a competitive advantage. Some states have laws prohibiting direct sales, but it's only a matter of time they will be repealed.
That would be AWESOME ?

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
They tried to tell us the interest rate was 8.85% on the Mach-E. I said really? Then showed them where it was 1.9%. (We both have credit scores north of 800.)
Deleted! Found the answers!

Regarding the interest rate. I have a good credit union so I show up preapproved for cars. Not one dealer, and it seems crazy I know, has ever been able to work with my credit union. They just can't pull it off for some reason. Gotta be something wrong with my credit union, right?

Given how much they lie to me, and I'm preapproved and also north of 800, what do they do to someone less prepared and with fewer resources.

OP
OP
jeffdawgfan

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Congrats! Did it arrive at the dealer the day before? They’re supposed to charge it to 100%
Came in day before. They did not call me. I called next morning and told them we were coming in to get car. So that may be on me. They only had a lvl 2 charger. Was ok. I wanted to test anyway.

RML

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mac e Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Congratulations, I have ordered exactly the same Mustang Mac e, what was your order date.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
We picked up car this afternoon.
I'm patiently waiting for my Mach E; ETA date was today :(

What is your production number? (last 5-6 digits of VIN)

Mine is 21XXX and was manufactured in early March. Trying to get a sense as to which produced cars are hitting dealerships now...might give me an idea of how far away my delivery may be...

OP
OP
jeffdawgfan

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I converted reservation to order on 7/20/20. Last five of VIN is 09271. It was manufactured 3/9 and shipped 3/10. All in all that was pretty fast shipping with all of the COVID delays etc. Build date was put back from 2/15 several times until settled at 3/9.

I feel very fortunate to not have any of the problems seen by some members.

No wind noise at 80mph, well a little, but nothing abnormal for that speed. And it is very easy to look down and find yourself driving at 80mph. The AWD version will get up and go.

No charging issues so far...we don't really have any EA chargers in our area. Only EVGO and Charge Point. We tested on EVGO fast charger and our 32amp juice box works fine at home. One weird thing was that I told car to only charge to 90% and it stopped at 98%. Probably something I did wrong. At 98% charge and ambient temp of 50 degrees it was giving a range of 258 miles.

Roof/Windshield is aligned very well....roof sits maybe 1/16th inch higher.
All body panels are as aligned as any car I have had.
Wife drove it for a 50 mile road trip and averaged 3.5m/kwh which is about what we got in our 2019 Leaf. My foot weighs more than hers so I only got 3.1m/kwh on way home when I drove.

We love the star white coupled with the grey interior. I really don't think they should call it gray. It is more of a VERY light taupe color. Some have complained about seat bolsters but I give the seats about a 9/10 for comfort. Only seats I have felt better is those in a Lincoln.

Very pleased with vehicle and worth the wait. I do wish that the drivers display showed your regen levels and power usage levels like our Leaf and Bolt did. Wonder if Ford can add that in a update?

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My understanding is that Ford dealer is required to have your car charged to 100% at pickup. I actually had to convince my dealership to take the car off the charger as I live 5 miles away. Sounds like you have a pretty shady dealership.

Grats on the car you will love it.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
My understanding is that Ford dealer is required to have your car charged to 100% at pickup. I actually had to convince my dealership to take the car off the charger as I live 5 miles away. Sounds like you have a pretty shady dealership.

Grats on the car you will love it.
yep correct.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Finally, Our Star White AWD EX Premium arrived 1617853425737

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I'm patiently waiting for my Mach E; ETA date was today :(

What is your production number? (last 5-6 digits of VIN)

Mine is 21XXX and was manufactured in early March. Trying to get a sense as to which produced cars are hitting dealerships now...might give me an idea of how far away my delivery may be...
You are probably a week away. Mine was produced and shipped at the end of Feb and I picked it up 4/1. Mine is 17XXXX
Sponsored