Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Ford Unveils First Mustang Mach-E Incentives

June 27, 2020

According to incentive bulletins sent to dealers Thursday, the Mach-E is now eligible for 0.9% APR for up to 48 months through Ford Credit. Opting for a 60-month loan brings the rate to 1.9%. There are also 72 and 75-month options at 3.9% and 4.9%, respectively. However, there are a couple of important limitations.

First, this is a regional offer that's only available in 17 areas: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Charlotte, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Memphis, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington. Second, not all versions of the Mach-E are eligible for the lowest rates.

At the moment, the only styles that qualify include the Mach-E Select (due in early 2021), Mach-E Premium (due later this year), and California Route 1 Edition (due early 2021). In contrast, the Mach-E GT (due next spring) is specifically excluded. The GT promises more power and a 0-60 mph spring in under 4 seconds.

If you're planning to lease, the rates aren't quite as good. For example, the Mach-E's featured lease rate is equivalent to 2.25% APR with 36 and 48-month lease options. That said, whether or not the Mach-E ends up being good or bad to lease will depend on other factors we don't know about yet, such as residual values.

Surprisingly, we're also seeing a Mach-E rebate worth $1,000 in many parts of the country that Ford is calling "Select Vehicles Ford Options Retail Bonus Cash." While we don't know yet what makes it so "select", it appears to only be available when financing. We've reached out to a Ford spokesperson for more details.

What's more interesting is that Ford is offering a larger $2,500 discount in a handful of 6 regions: Boston, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and San Francisco. At this point, what we'd really like to know is whether or not Ford Credit is planning to pass along the full $7,500 federal tax credit on leases.

Via Carsdirect
Sponsored

Last edited:

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Is this implying a lease option and the “Ford Option” ballon note are different things?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Very precise locations. I’m 5 miles outside Washington and didn’t get the offer. The probably explains some of the cheap interest offers we saw yesterday though.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I saw 0.9% and the above list doesn't include the greater Detroit area.

In addition: Ford's website now says CA Route 1 due late 2020.
Ford Mustang Mach-E First 2021 Mach-E Incentives & Discounts (APR Deals and Promotional Lease Rates) Annotation 2020-06-28 200445

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Mine very clearly showed 0.9% on a 36mo Ford Option plan. I’m in Dallas.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
What's more interesting is that Ford is offering a larger $2,500 discount in a handful of 6 regions: Boston, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and San Francisco. At this point, what we'd really like to know is whether or not Ford Credit is planning to pass along the full $7,500 federal tax credit on leases.
I just called the Help Line to basically say "why can I get this 2.5 hours away from me and not at home" and the answer was "we don't know what discount you're talking about." ?

Since the quoted part suggests CarsDirect doesn't know about the Options thing which is a very beaten, dead horse on this site, I wonder how reliable this information is? It would be nice if CarsDirect gave a source for this information.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I wonder if this whole thing is a mistake. It seems too early to have that sort of specials. There is also this note:
Ford Options Retail Bonus Cash Program #13770: $1,000.00 Ford Credit Bonus cash requires Ford Credit financing. Not all buyers will qualify. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 07/06/2020. See dealer for complete details.
same with rates

APR Financing Program #21114: Not all buyers will qualify. Ford Credit limited-term APR financing. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 07/06/2020. See dealer for qualifications and complete details.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just checked the Ford website and it nows shows .9% for Ford Options and $2500 "Incentives", taken off of the finance amount. I live 45 miles north of San Francisco.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Since the quoted part suggests CarsDirect doesn't know about the Options thing which is a very beaten, dead horse on this site, I wonder how reliable this information is? It would be nice if CarsDirect gave a source for this information.
I think this is a case of "don't believe everything you see on the internet".

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think this is a case of "don't believe everything you see on the internet".
Nothing guaranteed here, but why would Ford be putting this out in the order process?

That estimated lease payment carries through to my completed order:

Never mind, I saw the dates on another post. Ford needs to do some more work on their order process, and I need to pay closer attention before getting excited!

Last edited:

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
My dealer didn't even know the ordering option was open! I got a call from the online person after placing my order asking what I would like to know about the Mach E and how interested I was in purchasing one. I had to explain to her that it was the order from the Ford website and it was the real thing. She then stated, "really, they're not even on the lot yet".

bprince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Rapid Red AWD
Country flag
I read in another forum that there was an XPlan discount. What’s that about?

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
In a nutshell, some companies/groups qualify for x-plan, there a sticky post I think with the discount, think it's about $1200 off msrp.

If you did it early you could have bought 100 shares of F for about $600-$700 dollars, but you'd need to hold for 1 year. Otherwise there is a membership to mustang club of America I believe coming in at $25....

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
A-Plan is the Ford employee discount plan. You must be an employee or close relative (father, daughter, etc.) to qualify. X-Plan is another discount plan, but you do not have to be a relative to qualify, just a friend or neighbor of an employee. The X-Plan discount is 0.4% of the dealer invoice price. Plan prices should be on the dealer invoice.

Employees are allotted (4) X-Plan per year.
Sponsored

Last edited: