krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
PIcked up my new AWD EX Premium yesterday. Have about 150 miles on it now. Impressions below.

- Car is perfect, all seams are good. No buzz anywhere.
- Drives amazing. Stiff ride that my wife noticed but I think it is just tuned that way. Very planted.
- Heavier car - I notice it when braking at a red light.
- Displays are nice - I learned them very quickly and can get what I need.
- Phone streaming music sounds better than Sirius XM
- Great Android Auto integration, works every time
- Had to reload phone once, otherwise good.
- All other profiles no problem
- Tires inflated by dealer about 8 PSI over max for some reason
- Very attractive car from any angle!

Not so good - the Ford Pass App is a hot mess! Worked with dealer who has also been frustrated by it. Not even going to bother with PaaK. Amazing they can build such a great car with such a lousy app - so much potential there!

Not so good #2 - Had a "Check Vehicle" box blocking half the instrument cluster on our drive out to dinner tonight. App said there was a drivetrain problem. Had already texted my salesman when we got to the restaurant. I was not noticing any problem. Came out after dinner, warning gone and car was fine. Strange.

Bought a Heatshield brand custom sunshade for the front. Taking out the flimsy cover under the back hatch. Adding a padded custom carpet from Lloyds for the back - I think the carpeting covering that piece of plywood or whatever it is looks cheap and is already a little loose in the front. Color #118 matches the side carpet in the back (ebony). Also ordered a Ford hood deflector which I will have them install. Will take out frunk divider when I have the time.

Have not had to charge yet but will try soon. Really enjoying the car. All ambient lighting is cool, especially the pony puddle lights.
Sponsored

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
Not so good #2 - Had a "Check Vehicle" box blocking half the instrument cluster on our drive out to dinner tonight. App said there was a drivetrain problem. Had already texted my salesman when we got to the restaurant. I was not noticing any problem. Came out after dinner, warning gone and car was fine. Strange.
This is a known issue, good news is the notification is fake and there's nothing actually wrong. We just don't know the fix is coming, but Ford is aware of this one in particular and is working on it.

Source: me and a few others on this forum had that same problem and investigated

OP
OP
krafty81

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is a known issue, good news is the notification is fake and there's nothing actually wrong. We just don't know the fix is coming, but Ford is aware of this one in particular and is working on it.

Source: me and a few others on this forum had that same problem and investigated
I actually vaguely remember that now because I devour everything on this forum. Appreciate the info.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I actually vaguely remember that now because I devour everything on this forum. Appreciate the info.
Lots to devour for sure, I spoke with a Ford FE yesterday and they are still working on it.

Just to confirm, where were you when the notice first came up?

OP
OP
krafty81

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was pulling out of my garage. On the way over, I put the car into park and shutdown four times hoping that it would go away on its own. It did not. After coming out of a restaurant, we got back into the car and it was gone when I started it up.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
- Drives amazing. Stiff ride that my wife noticed but I think it is just tuned that way. Very planted.

Not so good - the Ford Pass App is a hot mess!

Not so good #2 - Had a "Check Vehicle" box blocking half the instrument cluster on our drive out to dinner tonight. ......
Regarding the ride. I think it settles in after a while. I drive my car every day of course so I don't really notice small changes over time. But yesterday, I had a coworker ride with me to a jobsite and that person had a ride in the car the day after I first got the car. I was surprised when she commented, "Wow, the ride sure is much smoother now!" Then she explained that it was a firm ride before but she figured Ford was going for a sports car feel........now she says the ride is much smoother yet still controlled (as best as she could tell from the passenger seat at least....)
The car has a bit over 3700 miles on it so far so maybe the springs settle in after some miles are put on the car. ?

FordPass has some work to do for sure..... ?

You can make those messages go away by pressing the OK button on the right side steering wheel controls. If the message returns right away then you could have a real issue on your hands....

OP
OP
krafty81

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It has popped up again twice. Info also shows up on the app. Dropping it off at the dealer tomorrow. It seems to happen on first startup of the day, and not appear later. I notice no driving issues with the car whether the warning is there or not.

Chiefsfan

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GS350
Country flag
PIcked up my new AWD EX Premium yesterday. Have about 150 miles on it now. Impressions below.

- Car is perfect, all seams are good. No buzz anywhere.
- Heavier car - I notice it when braking at a red light.
- Displays are nice - I learned them very quickly and can get what I need.
- Phone streaming music sounds better than Sirius XM
- Great Android Auto integration, works every time
- Had to reload phone once, otherwise good.
- All other profiles no problem
- Tires inflated by dealer about 8 PSI over max for some reason
- Very attractive car from any angle!

Not so good - the Ford Pass App is a hot mess! Worked with dealer who has also been frustrated by it. Not even going to bother with PaaK. Amazing they can build such a great car with such a lousy app - so much potential there!

Bought a Heatshield brand custom sunshade for the front. Taking out the flimsy cover under the back hatch. Adding a padded custom carpet from Lloyds for the back - I think the carpeting covering that piece of plywood or whatever it is looks cheap and is already a little loose in the front. Color #118 matches the side carpet in the back (ebony). Also ordered a Ford hood deflector which I will have them install. Will take out frunk divider when I have the time.

Have not had to charge yet but will try soon. Really enjoying the car. All ambient lighting is cool, especially the pony puddle lights.
Just get a cargo tray
Sponsored