CarpeCarne

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER (job 2)
Country flag
This is gonna be a rambling post so the tldr is I really like the car.

I couldn't get enough of the review posts while I was waiting on mine to arrive so to pay it forward here are some of my thoughts. I got the car at the end of October and have had about 2 months with it. Almost exclusively winter driving so factor that in to. Here we go in no sensible order.

-It's attractive. You already know that. I've gotten several comments from strangers saying it's a good looking car.

-The bounciness is not noticeable to me. This was one of my big concerns as I hadn't test driven the car before ordering. For both my wife and I we don't notice any bounciness at all. There's one spot on I-5 where for a decent stretch you hit a joint every couple seconds and it's super bouncy over those. That said my last car (2014 ford fusion) felt like the axel was gonna break with the seemingly minor crashes into each joint. So the bounciness to me is a major improvement. Other than that one spot I haven't noticed any bounciness at all.

-Turning off the A/C is super annoying. I also don't understand why there's 3 different "auto" options. I don't like how it saves the passenger side settings so if my wife had the seat warmer on in the passenger seat it will stay on next time I turn on the car.

-PaaK has worked pretty seamlessly for me. Sometimes it takes a few seconds to unlock the car but I had even greater reliability issues with my proximity based key fob on the Fusion. One time the bluetooth defaulted to off on my car (not sure why) so it wouldn't recognize my phone but I used the PIN option instead and that worked fine.

-Recently I had some issues with the car not recognizing my phone. I ultimately had to reset the SYNC system and retrieve the factory code and re-set up PaaK etc. That was annoying and I'm not sure what happened.

-I wish there was a pre-condition button in the mobile app

-Last week I drove into the mountains with the factory all season tires. I'm not used to winter mountain driving and I had a ton of anxiety about it. The car performed really well. I had to go up some pretty icy hills and down some slick mountains and I had no issues. If i go back I think I'll get winter tires for the added security because I did not enjoy that driving experience but the car held up great.

-Also on that road trip (about 150 miles away) the car had more battery remaining at the end than projected. This was at about 35 degree temp with climate control on.

-The public charging infrastructure can be very frustrating but it's passable. I won't be able to charge at home for at least another few months so I'm relying on public charging. I highly recommend setting up Ford Pass. At least with Electrify America it has worked really well and honestly my biggest challenge with their chargers is getting the credit card part to work. Ford Pass has made the process much more reliable. For charging speeds I once saw 100 and it's almost always somewhere between 40-60 before you hit 80%. After that it cuts in half.

-I'm probably averaging around 2 mi/kwh but that's mostly city driving with climate control on. It seems highway driving with climate control on is more around 3 mi/kwh. With a 15 minute 4 mile drive so much energy is used heating the car that it really kills the efficiency.

All in all I'm very happy. Having a charger at home will make a world of difference but it's really not too bad incorporating charging into my routines (going to the grocery store that has the fast charger, charging while at the mall etc.). I have no regrets, the car is really exceeding my expectations.
Sponsored

shayna

First Name
niekdoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
kia picanto
Country flag
The M1 MacBook air is the laptop I've hoped for from every laptop I've bought in the last decade. Compact, energy and heat efficient, but still just as powerful.

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox

Last edited: