hls811

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
I got my MME a month ago today, and luckily had a very non-February-like 55º beautiful day outside. I got to celebrate with a full detail: Wheels, body, inside and outside, capped off with a ceramic coating. Its not the professional coating, I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try that on my own yet, but used Adams Polishes Advanced Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating. I used the non-advanced (older) version on my Durango a while ago and it worked well. Very easy to apply and easy to get it off. I used a microfiber applicator to apply it, a waffle microfiber to remove it and then a suede cloth to follow it up. I can't get over to how deep the shine is.. Both the red and black just pop. The reflection on the glass roof is just indescribable.

I did a thorough cleaning of the wheels/tires too. Being a month old they weren't really that bad, but did a good scrubbing, and used the older ceramic on the wheel and a coat of tire armor on the rubber.

Inside wasn't bad at all. Took out the mats and gave them a sponge bath, wiped the interior down with some cleaner and then a vacuum.

Unfortunately, the fun will be over by the time I wake up.. 1-3" of snow due overnight which means road salt on my commute into work on Monday. At least for today the car looks as good as it probably ever will.

Happy 1 month Birthday MME.???

BD4E5E4C-C0EA-4432-B7C4-D22272FBA909.jpg

F606329C-1C23-4440-97C4-A0168D1CEE03.jpg

IMG_7704.JPG

IMG_7706.JPG

IMG_7698.JPG

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Excellent job. Can’t wait for good weather to touch my detailing up again.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Ceramic (SiO2) is quartz in liquid form and creates a thin layer of quartz over your paint when it cures which is why it pops so well. It is quite something and most definitely not snake oil and it looks great on your red!

Don't get too scared on taking the step next time of non spray coatings. The sprays won't last that long and the consumer grade products are still pretty forgiving. Carpro UK 3.0 and SiC are my favorite combo and just look...incredible. Scott HD is long term testing them and so far at 11 months on test panels they're still going strong.

Fun video worth the watch

OP
OP
hls811

hls811

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ceramic (SiO2) is quartz in liquid form and creates a thin layer of quartz over your paint when it cures which is why it pops so well. It is quite something and most definitely not snake oil and it looks great on your red!

Don't get too scared on taking the step next time of non spray coatings. The sprays won't last that long and the consumer grade products are still pretty forgiving. Carpro UK 3.0 and SiC are my favorite combo and just look...incredible. Scott HD is long term testing them and so far at 11 months on test panels they're still going strong.

Thats a great video!! thanks for sharing it.. I might have to give a traditional Pro-level ceramic a try this spring..

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

I’ve had very good luck with AvalonKing’s Armor IX. I’ve also used CarPro in the past. Both excellent products and not all that hard to do yourself. The hard work is in the prep, but that’s true for the spray on products as well.

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Looks awesome. Just curious, did you apply the graphene spray coating outside? I ask because I am looking for a ceramic coating that can be applied outside. Gyeon has a new Evo line of ceramic coatings that are advertised as being outside-application friendly. I'm also considering technicians choice ceramic coating. It is supposed to be very easy to apply and forgiving. But if you successfully applied this Adam's product, I might consider that as well.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Looks awesome. Just curious, did you apply the graphene spray coating outside? I ask because I am looking for a ceramic coating that can be applied outside. Gyeon has a new Evo line of ceramic coatings that are advertised as being outside-application friendly. I'm also considering technicians choice ceramic coating. It is supposed to be very easy to apply and forgiving. But if you successfully applied this Adam's product, I might consider that as well.
I had good luck with DIY using Ethos Graphene coating also. As stated before, the "hard" work is the prep work before applying. Applying the coating is no harder than putting regular wax.
I think this is something most people can accomplish without having a professional background and there are many fine highly rated products from which to chose. Just don't short change the prep processes.

OP
OP
hls811

hls811

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, I did put this on outside and waited until it was over 50º as that seems to be the recommendation; although not in direct sunlight. I think the main reason none of these are really for outdoors installation is the variables of having the sub beat down on it, the temperate of the hood after sitting in the sun and the higher change of airborne particles to stick to it while its drying.
I had a nice, overcast day yesterday which helped the conditions outside be pretty much ideal for it.

Johnny B

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium RWD 2017Nissan Titan XD Diesel
Occupation
Retired Software Developer
Country flag
Here's a great comparison test of various DYI Ceramic coatings.
Sponsored