First door ding...!?

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Well, it only took 17 days for Smoke to get a ding in the front passenger door. Did it happen at the mall? Nope. Grocery store? Nah. Restaurant? Guess again. Home Depot? No. Sherwin Williams? Not even close. In my garage? Exactly!!!

"How did that happen?", you ask. My daughter was looking for a ring that fell off her finger. It must have happened when she got in my wife's car to look around. I went out to help her and saw her starting to exit on the same side as the Mach-E. I stopped her immediately, walking between the cars and that's when I saw it. What horror...

In case you are wondering... Yes, she is still alive. After four hours of depression, I did lie to her saying it's only a piece of metal.

So, my question to the crowd is how in the heck do I get this freaking ding out of my door?

Ford Mustang Mach-E First door ding...!? 20210313_221024

Ford Mustang Mach-E First door ding...!? 20210313_220946

Ford Mustang Mach-E First door ding...!? 20210313_220900

OP
OP
KAustin

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Find a decent PDR guy. Shouldn't set you back more than $150 and it'll look good as new. Mine had to get PDR off the dealer lot the day after I brought it home. There was no way I was living with it.
Thank you.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Find a decent PDR guy. Shouldn't set you back more than $150 and it'll look good as new. Mine had to get PDR off the dealer lot the day after I brought it home. There was no way I was living with it.
Sorry who is a PDR guy? I am not a car guy so trying to understand so I know who to look for. I have other cars with dings like that - 150 s not a bad price if I can get that

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
PDR people can work wonders depending on the ding.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
12 days after delivery in a grocery store parking lot. At least yours looks easily PDR-able

Ford Mustang Mach-E First door ding...!? PXL_20210313_171707036
Get your touch-up paint color match and start layering it in lightly. Once you get it just above surface level, you can use a high-quality automotive polish like Meguiar's with t-shirt fabric to smooth it out. Depending on the color, you may never even notice it happened.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Get your touch-up paint color match and start layering it in lightly. Once you get it just above surface level, you can use a high-quality automotive polish like Meguiar's with t-shirt fabric to smooth it out. Depending on the color, you may never even notice it happened.
I've had good luck with Dr Color chip. Ever try it? https://drcolorchip.com/

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter. However, capital punishment/disownment seems the only appropriate response ;)

The discussion of pointless dent repair is a good option but unless your car will be a garage queen, I fear there may be more.