Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MACH-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Iā€™m just speculating on how the MME handles in the ice and snow. Please allow me to say that I had over thirty years of fowl weather driving experience while living and working in Alaska, now I reside in Washington State. My guess is that itā€™s a bit of a sled as well as just a bit squirrelie due to excessive power! Iā€™d bet that if was reshoed with a set of good winter or better yet studded winter tires the handling would improve dramatically. I really do enjoy my MME but will fall back on the old Volvo XC70 when we drive up to the mountains to go skiing!

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I took my MME out last night; the local roads had a fresh cover of snow and were pretty icy as well (Ohio State was in town to play Michigan, and I think the local road crews must have been watching the game instead of salting the roads :)).

I definitely experienced the shock of 1-Pedal driving on slick roads. The first few times I took my foot off the accelerator, the car started to slide/slip and the and the traction control systems started taking over. I was a bit spooked by that, and I disengaged 1-Pedal. However, I wasn't happy with that either, as the brakes are fairly 'grabby'. The next time I go out I'm going to try to leave 1-Pedal off and engage the "L" mode on the drive selector knob. If I recall, that's a 'tamer' version of 1-Pedal and hopefully that will work as a good substitute for 1-Pedal on wintry roads.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I took my MME out last night; the local roads had a fresh cover of snow and were pretty icy as well (Ohio State was in town to play Michigan, and I think the local road crews must have been watching the game instead of salting the roads :)).

I definitely experienced the shock of 1-Pedal driving on slick roads. The first few times I took my foot off the accelerator, the car started to slide/slip and the and the traction control systems started taking over. I was a bit spooked by that, and I disengaged 1-Pedal. However, I wasn't happy with that either, as the brakes are fairly 'grabby'. The next time I go out I'm going to try to leave 1-Pedal off and engage the "L" mode on the drive selector knob. If I recall, that's a 'tamer' version of 1-Pedal and hopefully that will work as a good substitute for 1-Pedal on wintry roads.
Actually, L engages maximum regeneration like Unbridled OPD.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The next time I go out I'm going to try to leave 1-Pedal off and engage the "L" mode on the drive selector knob. If I recall, that's a 'tamer' version of 1-Pedal and hopefully that will work as a good substitute for 1-Pedal on wintry roads.
In this situation, youā€™d be better off just turning off 1PD and using the break pedal to engage regen when you want it.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
In this situation, youā€™d be better off just turning off 1PD and using the break pedal to engage regen when you want it.
Can't disagree more. I don't ever use the break pedal on any vehicle... ?

I plan on trying Whisper mode and normal driving and seeing how things go. Unfortunately, our several inches melted on the roads too quickly.

PaulP

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I also had quite a shock last week. I forgot about one pedal driving and just lift my foot off when I first went downhill during a turn... it didn't feel good! Now, I just keep my foot on the accelerator and decelerate earlier. For going up hills or during turns, the AWD on the Mach-E works wonder. I came from a 2019 Dodge Durango R/T AWD and it's night and day. The Durango's AWD had a tendency to lose the rear of the car when I would accelerate when turning. So I had to exit the curve before accelerating again. The Mach-E AWD seems much more responsive, aggressive and steady. Last night, I've tried to accelerate more than I should while exaggerating turning angles to familiarize myself with the car and it did a brilliant job. We just need to watch out for that one pedal driving and strong regeneration kicking in when driving on ice and snow.

Lady Anne

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MACH-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
With a bit more than fifty years of driving experience, always using the break pedal and many miles of using that old fashioned clutch, Iā€™m really having an un natural feel with one peddle driving. I can see where it would work awesome driving down a long steep grade, but driving in ice and snowy conditions no way! Please keep reporting on your One Peddle expierences.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Pedal
Brake

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Got my Premium ER AWD in early February so had a chance to drive it in some small (4 to 5 inch) snows here in Wisconsin. It did great! One of the best AWD vehicles I have owned (have owned about a dozen of them). My guess is that some drivers will prefer one pedal in the snow while others will not. I ended up a bit undecided but think I will prefer 1PD. Stay tuned for a month or so for more Wisconsin updates.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I can't image trying to use 1P with ice/snow conditions.. That just sounds like you are asking to have issues. I love my 1P, been using it since the day I picked up the car and being in San Diego snow and ice won't change that :D

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Good advice. I also forgot that using ā€˜Lā€™ activated max regen. I think Iā€™ll switch to Whisper in snowy conditions and keep 1-Pedal on.

I also want to add that the 1-Pedal surprise yesterday was more a surprise and didnā€™t result in anything bad. In fact, traction control did a great job righting the car as it began slipping. Itā€™s just that my brain is used to anti-lock kicking in only after I begin to apply the brakes. In my previous ICE car, I would have hit the same ice patch and had the same problem, except my car would have taken an additional full second to react.
Sponsored