First drive with BlueCruise 1.2 - Lane changes are pretty slick!

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Lane centering... to me the "move over" for other vehicles in 1.2 is more valuable than lane change. certainly hope 1.2 comes to the '21s
Yeah, it is a subtle feature but huge. There are many times with 1.0 where I manually nudge it over but now I shouldn't have to worry about that.
Sponsored

samev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Curious if BC1.2 monitors traffic 2 lanes over when a lane change is initiated. To prevent collision with a vehicle moving to the same lane as you are attempting, but from the other side (you briefly mentioned this on your video as well).
Also what if a car centered in Lane1 is moving side-by-side with you in Lane2, both approaching a truck in Lane3 - would BC1.2 still nudge you away from the truck if needed, moving you even closer to the car in Lane1?
You might need a partner vehicle to test these out ...

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Curious if BC1.2 monitors traffic 2 lanes over when a lane change is initiated. To prevent collision with a vehicle moving to the same lane as you are attempting, but from the other side (you briefly mentioned this on your video as well).
Also what if a car centered in Lane1 is moving side-by-side with you in Lane2, both approaching a truck in Lane3 - would BC1.2 still nudge you away from the truck if needed, moving you even closer to the car in Lane1?
You might need a partner vehicle to test these out ...
Good questions.

At one point, I started the lane change when a car from two lanes over and farther back started to come into the same lane. The Mach-E had just started moving into that lane but then cancelled the maneuver and put me back in the center of my original lane.

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Has Ford officially stated they are?
Emma Berg replied to me asking about it a couple of months ago and said it was. Since then, Kyle Conner and I have both spoken to Ford people that said it would be coming later this year.

theriddler

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, it will. It will keep the signal blinking while it performs the lane change, then turn the signal off automatically.
That is great to know...I had not tried the bump action but the lane changing is slick.

I am a newbie driver here (in how long I have been driving my Mach-E...not in driving) and every day I find out I love driving this vehicle more and more. Best car I have ever had at 55 (age, not speed)

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Trying to finish up my work early so we can see how it handles some rainy weather!
Ford Mustang Mach-E First drive with BlueCruise 1.2 - Lane changes are pretty slick! 1678827396946

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
When I was in Colorado, I kept the speed limit sign recognition on. We didn't seem to have as many oddball speed limit changes. At here in California, I have turned that off, but on the test car I used in the video it was on. It slowed me down appropriately when I hit a 55 mph section.
Does the speed sign recognition start slowing you down any sooner? With 1.0 it will not start slowing down until after you pass the sign. I would like to see that behavior changed so it starts slowing down as soon as it recognizes a reduced speed limit sign. That way it has more time to slow down so it doesn’t bust the speed limit zone as badly.

louc757

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat, 23 MME GTPE Rapid Red Nite Pony
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Does the speed sign recognition start slowing you down any sooner? With 1.0 it will not start slowing down until after you pass the sign. I would like to see that behavior changed so it starts slowing down as soon as it recognizes a reduced speed limit sign. That way it has more time to slow down so it doesn’t bust the speed limit zone as badly.
On my 23, it seems to want to slow down as we get just before the sign, or close to it. It seems to slow down too aggressively for me, that I worried if someone was tailgating me, I might get rear ended. I typically have the bluecruise to 70 in a 55, and when it see that sign, it instantly starts decelerating. I ended up turning speed limit recognition off.

MBCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E AWD ER, Infinite Metallic Blue
Country flag
On my 23, it seems to want to slow down as we get just before the sign, or close to it. It seems to slow down too aggressively for me, that I worried if someone was tailgating me, I might get rear ended. I typically have the bluecruise to 70 in a 55, and when it see that sign, it instantly starts decelerating. I ended up turning speed limit recognition off.
That’s exactly why I turned it off too. It would slow too late and too hard. But if the speed increased it would gun it until it was going fast enough.

I’ve been hoping they would improve that, though I don’t think it’s strictly part of BC. Standard cruise control can do it.

Rj786

First Name
Raza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mache Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for sharing the info. interested to know how it will behave where your target lane is busy and no one is willing to give you space to get in, how long will it wait to find space before canceling the lane change and will it try to speed up the car to make the lane change.

metalpro2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 1st edition
Occupation
Software architect
Country flag
In your video and Kyle's you can see lane changes without BC active. Does this mean that the rest of the world without BC will get the improved lane change feature also? Or will this be 'packaged' with BC subscription? Questions.. Questions.. ;)

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE, 2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
In your video and Kyle's you can see lane changes without BC active. Does this mean that the rest of the world without BC will get the improved lane change feature also? Or will this be 'packaged' with BC subscription? Questions.. Questions.. ;)
In my experience it only works on mapped BlueCruise roads, both in hands free mode and hands on mode. It does not work for me in hands on mode on unmapped roads.

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE, 2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for sharing the info. interested to know how it will behave where your target lane is busy and no one is willing to give you space to get in, how long will it wait to find space before canceling the lane change and will it try to speed up the car to make the lane change.
The few times I tried it in heavier traffic, I think it would wait around 10 seconds before cancelling but I wasn't counting. It will speed up the car while making the lane change if the lane is clear and you're below your set speed, but it will not speed up the car if the lane is not clear. In other words, if it senses oncoming traffic going faster, it will not speed up the car to match and then make the lane change. Instead it will wait until the lane is clear, and timeout/cancel if the lane doesn't become clear.

In my experience it is a nice feature in light traffic but I change lanes manually in heavier traffic.
Sponsored