First drive with BlueCruise 1.2 - Lane changes are pretty slick!

bbulkow

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Porsche Cayman S
Country flag
On my 23, it seems to want to slow down as we get just before the sign, or close to it. It seems to slow down too aggressively for me, that I worried if someone was tailgating me, I might get rear ended. I typically have the bluecruise to 70 in a 55, and when it see that sign, it instantly starts decelerating. I ended up turning speed limit recognition off.
I had to turn off paying attention to the limit signs.

We have sections of freeway that are moving at 65 to 70, and there is a work zone 45 mph sign.

There are no workers or work visible to miles.

In each case I caught the deceleration before an accident, but i prefer ignoring most of the signs and using the flow of traffic to set speed. Even if sometimes it would be good to use the signs, sometimes the signs are drastically wrong. If there wasn't traffic, using the signs would be fine., but here in cali that's not a thing

Good news, they have a setting for ignoring the signs 😛
Sponsored

Last edited:

bbulkow

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Porsche Cayman S
Country flag
I was hoping that Ford would send an OTA quickly so we all get BlueCruise 1.2. But I've heard that won't happen until this summer or fall. Luckily, Ford did send us a Mach-E with BlueCruise 1.2 to test it out for a week. We plan on doing a deep dive into all the features and test it out in various traffic, road, and weather conditions.

I gotta say, the lane changes were pretty slick. I doubted how much I would trust the car to do a lane change for me..

If you have anything specific that you want us to test, we have the car until Monday morning. Drop a comment and we'll try to add it to our list!

As a new 23 owner, i am also very impressed with Lane change. My friends say they would never trust, i find i trust the machine more than me. Took a few weeks.

i would love testing the weather capabilities. Here is a suggestion: vasoline on camera lenses. I am finding my mache just doesn't go into bc, or comes out, at times i don't expect. I did it with a lot of warning, and i like the ui, but sometimes i wonder why it does what it does. on a clear day it will ride for miles.

i am also getting fault codes on internal sensors, but they are very intermittent. Is that to be expected? is what i think is camera fogging or rain really a wiring problem? I wish the error codes were more specific.

i have experienced, once, a car coming from three lanes over toward the spot where bc was changing into, and the mache bailed out of the lane change bold action. As a human, I would have asserted myself and taken the lane, because the other driver was still a lane apart, but it was basically looking at my blind spot three lanes over, and a pretty good move to bail on the change. The only way i can think of shooting that would be on a 4 lane section of freeway with maybe two other cars talking over radio where you can try different moves at speed, and you shouldn't do that.

* don't cover your cameras and go out into i-5. i don't know how to do a safe controlled test, but i would love a video of some safe condition tests (lanes in a practice area, but you don't get bc there ☹ )

boozin

First Name
Boozi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
PM
Country flag
Do we have any updates when this is being available to current MY22 drivers?

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Patrick, you asked about a section of freeway that gets tight with curves to see if BC 1.2 will slow down. A good place to test that is 163 south of I8 going into downtown San Diego. I feel that I have to take BC 1.0 off there and slow down manually because if there is not much traffic the Mach-e will really take those curves as fast as the BC was set for previously!
Sponsored