Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Telecommunications Facilities Technician
Country flag
I’ve been checking out Autotrader about 125 MME Listed for sale all but one listed by dealers There is one Grey First Edition Premium asking $75,000 production date scheduled 12/13 .
Sponsored

Last edited:

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Wow ...,

OP
OP
jojodancer1975
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Telecommunications Facilities Technician
Country flag
It’s a free market! He probably ordered two and is trying to make some extra money. There are people out there who would pay $ just to be the first to have one. I remember woman paid over 15k over sticker at a local dealer on a PT Cruiser when that car first came out because it was in such demand.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I’ve been checking out Autotrader about 125 MME Listed for sale all but one listed by dealers There is one Grey First Edition Premium asking $75,000 production date scheduled 12/13 .
Welcome -- and yeah, as ridiculous as that is (and as annoyed as I am that someone possibly reserved two cars just to jack one up in price and turn a quick profit), it's their right to do so.
Plus they'll eat the $7500 tax credit and make even more profit.

That will anger some people who are waiting on build dates for January and February, though.
Reminds me of how horrible people will snatch up extra online ticket reservations for free concerts, and then immediately put them up for sale on eBay for $100s when the event sold out.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Don't they have to hold on to the car for a period of time to get the tax credit?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Free market being what it is - Its not the seller here but the potential buyer being that desperate to plunk down a bunch of $$ (with or without tax credit) that they never get back. But I guess they get it in emotional satisfaction. They could spend that money on a GT. Very likely that a new order now gets built in March (non GT).

JWW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang GLX, 21 Mach-e FE, 22 Lighting Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Plus they'll eat the $7500 tax credit and make even more profit.
Assuming that they took title to the car, the credit would be lost. The credit is only available where original use commences with the taxpayer (title transfer) AND it is acquired for use, not for resale. § 30D(d)(1)(B).

I would say that the advertising prior to acquiring the car indicates an intent for resale.

If they don't have the title transferred (they don't get the credit) but are they licensed to to be a New Car Dealer in their State.

But don't rely on me, talk to your Tax Advisor (or Attorney).

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Assuming that they took title to the car, the credit would be lost. The credit is only available where original use commences with the taxpayer (title transfer) AND it is acquired for use, not for resale. § 30D(d)(1)(B).
Good point. I didn't realize that requirement existed... and it's there for good reason, I see.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Very likely that a new order now gets built in March (non GT).
Given that I still don't have a build date, that's encouraging. What makes you say that? aren't they nearing or already at capacity for 2021 MY Mach-Es?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Given that I still don't have a build date, that's encouraging. What makes you say that? aren't they nearing or already at capacity for 2021 MY Mach-Es?
I am just speculating - based on quite a few later (newer) orders mentioned on this forum with build dates in Jan and Feb. Plus the assumption of two lines running simultaneously.

Last edited: