First Edition holy grail randomly found at a dealership parking lot

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Hey guys,

Just a little post to share my wife and I success story buying a Mach-E over the week-end.
Hopefully it will re-assure people that there are still some good dealers out there that aren't trying to scam you over MSRP and there's still some First Editions up for grabs!

We got interested into EVs pretty recently and only found out about the Mach-e a few months ago, we didn't pre-order or anything as we didn't know how the car would be and we were not expecting it to be out so quickly (We thought summer at best).

On Saturday we went to a dealership near us that had a few in order to test drive one and look at the colors in real life. It reinforced our need for the car.

As we went back home we were ready to place our order for a Premium model and play the long waiting game, however before that I fired up Autotrader to see if any dealership had one listed in my color and trim of choice (you never know).
I found a random listing for a First Edition in Rapid Red with the black interior, I called the dealership (not expecting much, all the listing I called before were either demo vehicles or on hold) but the guy told me they had it and it's ready to be sold. (!!!)
I asked him if the asking price was the full price (excluding tax & TLL) and he said yes...I asked again if there is any ADM, he said no we will sell it to you at MSRP. He hold the car for us and let us buy it a few hours after.

There's something about the Rapid Red color with the black & red stitching. When we got in the car it was like "wow", it felt so much premium than the "regular premium" we checked out in infinite bleu with the regular black seats.

I'm so stoked to have been able to find a Mach-E so easily, not have to wait at all for the order and to have found a First Edition! I thought it was gonna be an impossible task!

Few pics attached ;)

20210307_023204841_iOS.JPEG

20210307_181615225_iOS.JPEG

20210307_181623652_iOS.JPEG

20210307_181704671_iOS.JPEG

20210307_181741962_iOS.JPEG

20210307_181831303_iOS.JPEG

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
Congratulations on the the awesome find - nice find. I have the FE in carbonized gray and love the car - enjoy the next few weeks getting to know the Mach eand welcome to the forum. Looks like an amazing day for a drive.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Nice find! :)

OP
OP
gnaark

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Congratulations on the the awesome find - nice find. I have the FE in carbonized gray and love the car - enjoy the next few weeks getting to know the Mach eand welcome to the forum. Looks like an amazing day for a drive.
yeah we'll need some time, we are switching from a 1999 CR-V to the Mach-E so...quite a few generation of tech to catch up to. We tried the park assist in a random lot today and it blew our mind.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Hey guys,

Just a little post to share my wife and I success story buying a Mach-E over the week-end.
Hopefully it will re-assure people that there are still some good dealers out there that aren't trying to scam you over MSRP and there's still some First Editions up for grabs!

We got interested into EVs pretty recently and only found out about the Mach-e a few months ago, we didn't pre-order or anything as we didn't know how the car would be and we were not expecting it to be out so quickly (We thought summer at best).

On Saturday we went to a dealership near us that had a few in order to test drive one and look at the colors in real life. It reinforced our need for the car.

As we went back home we were ready to place our order for a Premium model and play the long waiting game, however before that I fired up Autotrader to see if any dealership had one listed in my color and trim of choice (you never know).
I found a random listing for a First Edition in Rapid Red with the black interior, I called the dealership (not expecting much, all the listing I called before were either demo vehicles or on hold) but the guy told me they had it and it's ready to be sold. (!!!)
I asked him if the asking price was the full price (excluding tax & TLL) and he said yes...I asked again if there is any ADM, he said no we will sell it to you at MSRP. He hold the car for us and let us buy it a few hours after.

There's something about the Rapid Red color with the black & red stitching. When we got in the car it was like "wow", it felt so much premium than the "regular premium" we checked out in infinite bleu with the regular black seats.

I'm so stoked to have been able to find a Mach-E so easily, not have to wait at all for the order and to have found a First Edition! I thought it was gonna be an impossible task!

Few pics attached ;)

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition holy grail randomly found at a dealership parking lot 20210307_181831303_iOS.JPEG

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition holy grail randomly found at a dealership parking lot 20210307_181831303_iOS.JPEG

Nice story. Beautiful car. Add one more to the list of hero Dealerships. Actually - looking at the front plate, this looks like the same Five Star Ford in Dallas that sold what I think was the first retail Mach-E back in December. Cool!

OP
OP
gnaark

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Nice story. Beautiful car. Add one more to the list of hero Dealerships. Actually - looking at the front plate, this looks like the same Five Star Ford in Dallas that sold what I think was the first retail Mach-E back in December. Cool!
It was Lewisville Sam Pack's Five Star. I had a very good experience there.
I found another FE (in Grabber Blue) at the Dallas Five Star Ford but they were putting $5k of markup on it, no thanks.

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Congratulations on the new car and welcome to the family ?

Since I already have my Mach-E, I don't need this, but has anyone thought to put together a list of jerk-free dealerships? I know we had one for no-ADM pre-orders but it might be great to put one together for new potential customers.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Congrats, I found the exact same car (in same trim and color) on a dealer lot the same way. Just got lucky.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Hey guys,

Few pics attached ;)

Congrats on snagging that RR FE. I pick the exact same one two weeks ago. It feels great. Being in cold NYC, I haven’t gotten the 270 range but for my regular commuting, it is great!

All the best with the experience.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Hey guys,

Few pics attached ;)

Congratulations! I have the same car and LOVE it!

OP
OP
gnaark

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
has anyone thought to put together a list of jerk-free dealerships?
that might be more difficult to do in practice as this can vary from case to case, car trim to car trim, what sales rep you have, and when in the fiscal year you are making the purchase.
Sponsored