Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
MUSTANG MACH-E FIRST EDITION RESERVATION FACTS

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Mach-E Reservations Are Officially Full - Here Are The Stats 1577732972999

Reservations for the First Edition of the Mustang Mach-E are officially full -- though other models like the Premium edition and the GT are still available for pre-order. Here are some key facts from the reservations bank:
  • 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reservations are full
  • Carbonized Gray is the most popular choice with 38 percent choosing it, with Grabber Blue Metallic 35 percent and Rapid Red 27 percent
  • More than 80 percent of U.S. customers are reserving Mach-E with an Extended Range Battery
  • About 55 percent are opting for all-wheel drive
  • Almost 30 percent of U.S. customers are choosing the Mach-E GT
  • More than a quarter of all reservations are coming from California
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...on-facts.html?cks=&emailid=Article Alert Ford
Sponsored

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Interesting that Grabber Blue is 35% when its only offered on one trim (at least in the builder). I wonder if this is only 35% of First Editions or trim levels.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Those paint color percentages are only for the U.S. First Edition reservations... not any of the other trims or countries.
Are you sure about that? The media release is ambiguous, but some of the other stats couldn’t be about the First Edition.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Sport Turismo
Country flag
Too bad that actual numbers of reservations aren't provided.

hag911

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I just found this KBB article which says:

"While Ford hasn’t revealed what that number actually is, we did learn at the recent LA show that the First Edition Mach-E would be capped at four digits."

2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Sells Out

Has that be reported anywhere else?
My guess would be 5,000 First Editions. It appears that First Editions soldout when the total reservation numbers got to around 20,000. Subtract out the alleged 4,000 Mach e's the dealers are getting for demos and you're left with about 16,000 customer reservations. A prior post had a spreadsheet that showed about 1/3 of the reservations were for First Editions, another 1/3 for GT's, the rest were mostly Priemers. Of course it was a very small sampling but 5,000 seems like a reasonable number.

Res Nullius

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-Golf, X3
Country flag
Those paint color percentages are only for the U.S. First Edition reservations... not any of the other trims or countries.
I'd be interested in knowing paint color percentages outside of the U.S. My guess is the more color ones (blue and red) would have lower take rates than the U.S. market.

AceSpades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mustang GT
Country flag
So why not disclose the number? Competitive reasons? Don't want the inevitable "how many people who reserved ended up actually buying" ?

MadScientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
You can still order a 1st Edition on the UK site as of today (24th Jan). I’d be interested to know the US\Europe allocation proportions of this model.

Calvin4000

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Harley Livewire, BMW 1250GS
Occupation
System Engineer
Country flag
Still available in Switzerland... ;)

Ford.ch in French, sorry for that.....

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Mach-E Reservations Are Officially Full - Here Are The Stats 1580893595821

Jayally

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
I just changed my FE to premium RWD EX. After thinking about it I don't think the "features" are worth $5000 more to me for the premium EX and $10000 more than the premium standard. I had to call the dealer to process the change to a Red Premium RWD EX.
Sponsored