First edition specs vs standard model

Mchaelme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi everyone
Am I missing something here, just looked on the Ford UK website and it appears the only free extra on the FE is the paint cost option. Everything else seems standard on both cars. I thought the FE was supposed to be full loaded with all available extras. When I ordered my FE I was not too impressed by the limited colour choice, I’m just considering now to cancel my FE and go for a preferred colour on the standard range.
If anyone has any info on above I would appreciate your info.
Cheers
Sponsored

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
trim around wheel arches
headlights
rim in grille
wheels
glass roof
etc....
in the netherlands....

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
And of course the "First Edition" will be the first run on the production line and the first Model delivered to the customers. That was a big part of my decision to reserve that Model.

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
trim around wheel arches
headlights
rim in grille
wheels
glass roof
etc....
in the netherlands....
not sure if it’s same in UK but FE brake callipers and upholstery was missed off that list

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Hi everyone
Am I missing something here, just looked on the Ford UK website and it appears the only free extra on the FE is the paint cost option. Everything else seems standard on both cars. I thought the FE was supposed to be full loaded with all available extras. When I ordered my FE I was not too impressed by the limited colour choice, I’m just considering now to cancel my FE and go for a preferred colour on the standard range.
Cheers
There is a model comparison towards the bottom on the Ford Website.

Looks like UK FE has 3 colors, other models have 7. These also have "Priority build". Other than that, I believe the only differences is the appearance accouterments as others stated.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
And of course the "First Edition" will be the first run on the production line and the first Model delivered to the customers. That was a big part of my decision to reserve that Model.
Maybe. I'm not convinced that there won't be other trims produced and delivered parallel to the FEs. But it does make sense that the FEs wil be among the earliest ones.

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
Maybe. I'm not convinced that there won't be other trims produced and delivered parallel to the FEs. But it does make sense that the FEs wil be among the earliest ones.
It is likely the initial production runs will have the other trims for Ford Dealer demo cars, but I don't see how they can advertise them as "First Edition" and then deliver other Models to customers ahead of First Edition reservation holders. That would be False advertising.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
It's easier to see the differences here on my comparison sheet attached rather than Ford website.

Attachments

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Hi everyone
Cheers
Get in touch with SJ_OKAY He is after a FE instead of his AWD ER.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It is likely the initial production runs will have the other trims for Ford Dealer demo cars, but I don't see how they can advertise them as "First Edition" and then deliver other Models to customers ahead of First Edition reservation holders. That would be False advertising.
You may be right. I guess it depends on what they really mean by "First Edition". I assumed it was more of a "First Year Special Edition" than literally meaning the first customer units produced before any other customer units. Especially since queuing up large shipments to Europe is probably more efficiently done with multiple trims. But that was just my assumption. I really don't know.

Either way I expect FEs to be early ones, even if not 100% exclusively so.

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You may be right. I guess it depends on what they really mean by "First Edition". I assumed it was more of a "First Year Special Edition" than literally meaning the first customer units produced before any other customer units.
Then I have no clue why Ford cutoff First Edition orders in the US on Nov 27th,
only 10 days after they opened the reservation window.
The FE is their highest yielding Model at $61,000 delivered.

It has to be Ford did not want to deliver only FE models well into 2021.

If they were planning on delivering the other Models concurrently,
it makes no sense for Ford to have cutoff FE reservations that soon.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Then I have no clue why Ford cutoff First Edition orders in the US on Nov 27th,
only 10 days after they opened the reservation window.
The FE is their highest yielding Model at $61,000 delivered.

It has to be Ford did not want to deliver only FE models well into 2021.

If they were planning on delivering the other Models concurrently,
it makes no sense for Ford to have cutoff FE reservations that soon.
I think it's more of a "collectors item" type of thing - capping the number of them to make it a limited edition. I assume they had a set number of FEs they planned to make, and when those reservations were reached, that was it for that trim.

From a marketing standpoint, it's a good way to create some buzz and early demand for the vehicle. Initially by customers hoping to get the limited "special" one, and later when they can announce "Sold Out!" (even if just referring to the FEs) to make it appear the MME demand is really strong.

People can still order other trims that reach nearly $60k, they just won't have the few special features that the FE has.
Sponsored

Last edited: