First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium 4X, Focus Electric
Country flag
Hey All...

Long story (pretty) short - got my Mach E in mid-February (late December build) and am up to about 4,000 miles. NO problems so far, short of a single, weird "Powertrain Failure" warning that went away after restarting. Have just undertaken my first trip that would require DC Fast charging heading up north in Michigan with my wife and daughter (head out window).

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Electrify America DCFast Charging Experience in a Mach-E tempImageutMcPR

First stop at an EA charger in Bay City @ Meijer as a test. Didn't really need to stop, but wanted to test the DC Fast waters before things would potentially get nervous. Pulled up and did nothing but plug in. Nothing else. Was at about 60% and it charged to 80% in about 14 minutes. No issues.

Made it to Gaylord, MI with 31% left. Pulled into another Meijer, same thing. Absolutely flawless. Had a donut, went in shopping for a few minutes, and when we got back to the car, it was at about 85%. Took like 50 minutes or so all in.

After each "stop" button push on the charger, got an email from Ford describing my use and indicating the deduction from the 500KW in my account within minutes.

All in all, couldn't be happier with how the car performed and how well charging worked. I've been driving an EV for about 7 years (Focus EV previously) and was so happy to find that I could still drive pretty fast (between 75 & 80 the whole way) and not really worry about range. LOVE this car!!! (don't love the bugs on grill!)
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Did you get any Charge Station Faults in the car? I have been getting them every time at EA even when charging was successful!

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Did you get any Charge Station Faults in the car? I have been getting them every time at EA even when charging was successful!
How do you stop your charging? If I use the button on the station to Stop, i'll sometimes get the charging station fault. If I use the button next to the charge port that seems to work the best.

OP
OP
noflipping

noflipping

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
First time, it did give me a "station error" message when I unplugged, but I thought it was my fault for some unknown reason. Drove away didn't think twice. Happened second time, drove away and didn't think thrice. :D No harm, no foul!!

OP
OP
noflipping

noflipping

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How do you stop your charging? If I use the button on the station to Stop, i'll sometimes get the charging station fault. If I use the button next to the charge port that seems to work the best.
Haven't tried the port button. Guessing this is just like the "your car's been unplugged" error if you unplug before done at home.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Haven't tried the port button. Guessing this is just like the "your car's been unplugged" error if you unplug before done at home.
Yeah, It should work normally stopping on the station as well. But for whatever reason the car sees it as it stopping for an error. It doesn't hurt anything, just annoying.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Always use the port button. It always stops without an error. That is the car telling the charging station that it is finished. That charging station knows how to handle it.

OP
OP
noflipping

noflipping

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Always use the port button. It always stops without an error. That is the car telling the charging station that it is finished. That charging station knows how to handle it.
Thanks for tip!!!

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Thanks for the tip! I will try that next time. It would be nice to have at least one trouble free Plug and Charge before we do our first road trip!

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Good to hear everything worked as intended!

Yes, I think it's a good idea for people to test out the DC fast charging before they take their first trip that relies on it, in case there are any issues.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Great to hear an issue free experience from a fellow Michigander. I will definitely be using those two chargers at some point, so I’m glad they’re playing nicely with the Mach-E.

OP
OP
noflipping

noflipping

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great to hear an issue free experience from a fellow Michigander. I will definitely be using those two chargers at some point, so I’m glad they’re playing nicely with the Mach-E.
Gonna be hitting Traverse City on the way back down. There's one in Petoesky on the way. Off network (think it's ChargePoint, so not "free"), but will probably try it out.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Gonna be hitting Traverse City on the way back down. There's one in Petoesky on the way. Off network (think it's ChargePoint, so not "free"), but will probably try it out.
I got a chargepoint account for backup but I will be relying mostly on EA for road trips.

Ken Josing

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey All...

Long story (pretty) short - got my Mach E in mid-February (late December build) and am up to about 4,000 miles. NO problems so far, short of a single, weird "Powertrain Failure" warning that went away after restarting. Have just undertaken my first trip that would require DC Fast charging heading up north in Michigan with my wife and daughter (head out window).

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Electrify America DCFast Charging Experience in a Mach-E tempImageutMcPR

First stop at an EA charger in Bay City @ Meijer as a test. Didn't really need to stop, but wanted to test the DC Fast waters before things would potentially get nervous. Pulled up and did nothing but plug in. Nothing else. Was at about 60% and it charged to 80% in about 14 minutes. No issues.

Made it to Gaylord, MI with 31% left. Pulled into another Meijer, same thing. Absolutely flawless. Had a donut, went in shopping for a few minutes, and when we got back to the car, it was at about 85%. Took like 50 minutes or so all in.

After each "stop" button push on the charger, got an email from Ford describing my use and indicating the deduction from the 500KW in my account within minutes.

All in all, couldn't be happier with how the car performed and how well charging worked. I've been driving an EV for about 7 years (Focus EV previously) and was so happy to find that I could still drive pretty fast (between 75 & 80 the whole way) and not really worry about range. LOVE this car!!! (don't love the bugs on grill!)
Thanks for your input. I’m with you, February delivery, December build, 4.7K plus miles. Basically, I’ve done all my charging at home. Like you a little nervous about getting the first DC Fast charge. Feel better now, looking forward with confidence that all will work well. Nice car, Love Love Love it.

OP
OP
noflipping

noflipping

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just did my first non-EA charge (ChargePoint) in Petoesky. Just as simple. Not “free” but only $5 for 22 minutes at like 65KW. Just enough to drive around for a couple days and still make it to the next EA 150/300. Couldn’t be happier with how seamless it’s been!!
Sponsored

Reactions: EVS