Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I found it a rather drastic change from the other modes. It was like having the car in low gear. As soon as I let up on the accelerator the car would immediately slow down. Is this normal?
Sponsored

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Yes. I think it feels a bit more raw. I have been using Whisper as it seems to smooth out the edges. Would like to do engaged but it does not show battery percentage and I know that should not matter but for some reason,.....

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I found it a rather drastic change from the other modes. It was like having the car in low gear. As soon as I let up on the accelerator the car would immediately slow down. Is this normal?
Yes, it's normal. Unbridled has stronger regenerative braking than the other modes, whether 1PD is on or not.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes. I think it feels a bit more raw. I have been using Whisper as it seems to smooth out the edges. Would like to do engaged but it does not show battery percentage and I know that should not matter but for some reason,.....
I think you can get the battery percentage back in Engage mode if you turn on Lane Keep Assist. But then your speedometer won't be centered.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Yes, it's normal. Unbridled has stronger regenerative braking than the other modes, whether 1PD is on or not.
I have not yet tried unbridled - thought OP experience was due to 1PD

OP
OP
Major

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I did not activate OPD, so unless it automatically engages when using unbridled it must be the stronger regeneration.
By the way, it appears the regenerative breaking is more efficient than on my Prius. I drove 10 miles, but it only reduced my remaining range by 2 miles.
One negative I have found for the Mustang is that it is rough riding. It is much rougher than my Prius was. That is surprising to me because it weighs almost twice that of the Prius and has a longer wheel base.
I did notice my tire pressures are 46 and the recommended pressure is 39. Is this normal?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
By the way, it appears the regenerative breaking is more efficient than on my Prius. I drove 10 miles, but it only reduced my remaining range by 2 miles.
I think that has more to do with the pessimism of the GOM than the efficiency of regen.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
I did not activate OPD, so unless it automatically engages when using unbridled it must be the stronger regeneration.
One negative I have found for the Mustang is that it is rough riding. It is much rougher than my Prius was. That is surprising to me because it weighs almost twice that of the Prius and has a longer wheel base.
I did notice my tire pressures are 46 and the recommended pressure is 39. Is this normal?
Good point on the high tire pressure. That would certainly make you feel the bumps more. Let us know if the ride improves when set to manufacturer's specs.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
The car slows down at a good pace in Unbridled even without OPD on. More dramatically with it on.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have not yet tried unbridled - thought OP experience was due to 1PD
Same here. I've tried Whisper and Engaged. Whisper seems to be pure coasting (no regen slowing when lifting off the pedal). Engaged applies some regen but not a lot. I'm liking that mode so far. I don't care as much for strong deceleration (jerky), but Engaged offers what feels just right so far. 1PD is pretty harsh and requires a lot more finesse on the pedal (literally all one pedal).

I'll try Unbridled soon, but I'm getting used to each mode to ease in first.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm surprised that so many people have had their cars for days (or longer) and haven't tried Unbridled yet. I'll be trying all modes on my first test drive, and playing with them more on the first drive home from the dealer. To each their own.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Well if your Prius is like ours, and our previous 5, The smaller tires and tire type itself is not geared toward cornering or spirited driving. The Mach E's tires are a bit on the Sporty side but high tire pressures will definitely add to the roughness.

Last edited:

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I tried to give OPD a chance, but for normal driving it seems to much work. I prefer the feeling of coasting. maybe for more aggressive driving in unbridled it would help, but I didn't really like OPD and probably would prefer not to" get used to it" I guess.
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK