Colorider

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD
Country flag
I have had my Thule T2 mounted to a TorkLift 2” hitch mount a few days now and it it is good to have the ability to bring my bike again!!! The reverse sensors are really finicky at times unfortunately. I have learned to wait a second or two after putting it in reverse so the radar off switch shows up but even with it “off” I have had a few times of auto-panic stops that are rather unpleasant. I would love it if Ford came up with a “hitch rack mode” that kept the other sensors on but turned the back ones off! I would use that 100% of the time and there are lots of outdoor enthusiasts who would as well. This can’t just be an MME thing—I imagine that every modern Ford has the same programming.

View attachment 29765 View attachment 29766

804E897B-B6CD-44D3-91F2-13EF3EC45AAB.jpeg

50AD9FFD-A0C8-4CBB-B1AD-8BAFD161E798.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

Deleted member 4669

Is there a way to turn off emergency stop? I am getting my forklift installed today and I would prefer to not have any issues with that.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I thought the parking sensors could be turned off?

Dangerfish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE Cyber Orange
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
Country flag
You can keep the sensors on (cross traffic alert) and turn off the "panic stop" (reverse brake assist). Just turn it off in the settings. Its one click.

OP
OP
Colorider

Colorider

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD
Country flag
Thanks for the tip! I found the setting and it’s a huge help!

Now my only issue is that the blind spot monitoring sometimes triggers when a bike is back there. Kind of annoying, but I don’t depend on that so it’s not a huge deal.

mcarney52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I have had my Thule T2 mounted to a TorkLift 2” hitch mount a few days now and it it is good to have the ability to bring my bike again!!! The reverse sensors are really finicky at times unfortunately. I have learned to wait a second or two after putting it in reverse so the radar off switch shows up but even with it “off” I have had a few times of auto-panic stops that are rather unpleasant. I would love it if Ford came up with a “hitch rack mode” that kept the other sensors on but turned the back ones off! I would use that 100% of the time and there are lots of outdoor enthusiasts who would as well. This can’t just be an MME thing—I imagine that every modern Ford has the same programming.

View attachment 29765 View attachment 29766

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Experiences with Bike Hitch Mount on MME 50AD9FFD-A0C8-4CBB-B1AD-8BAFD161E798

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Experiences with Bike Hitch Mount on MME 50AD9FFD-A0C8-4CBB-B1AD-8BAFD161E798
Any problems with the Liftgate sensor not working?

OP
OP
Colorider

Colorider

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD
Country flag
Any problems with the Liftgate sensor not working?
Yes, but that was before I put the hitch mount on ?. It didn’t usually work and I felt stupid trying it over and over. Now I have a folded bike rack on 85% of the time so I never use it. I will try pulling it off and seeing if it works.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
Is there a way to turn off emergency stop? I am getting my forklift installed today and I would prefer to not have any issues with that.
This why, as an avid road and MTB cyclist, when my MME arrives, I will either go with a suction cup rack, or regular rack, if one of the manufacturers decides to create one. Along with having to deactivate the backup warning, I'd also rather not expose my bikes to potentially getting smashed from behind!

OP
OP
Colorider

Colorider

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD
Country flag
This why, as an avid road and MTB cyclist, when my MME arrives, I will either go with a suction cup rack, or regular rack, if one of the manufacturers decides to create one. Along with having to deactivate the backup warning, I'd also rather not expose my bikes to potentially getting smashed from behind!
Garages and drive throughs have killed more bikes than other drivers ?

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
Garages and drive throughs have killed more bikes than other drivers ?
How'd you know I did that with my last bike? ;-) Tore the integrated seat mast right off, and had me cursing. Luckily the carbon fiber was repairable, and the repair came out flawless.

Ever since, every time the bike goes on the roof, I move the remote from the visor to the pocket in the door to prevent a second (devastating) episode!

OP
OP
Colorider

Colorider

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD
Country flag
Me too. I did it about 10 years ago with my burly 43 pound freeride bike. It tore the rack off my car and damaged the siding in my house but the only damage to the bike was a trashed brake lever.

I don’t even have a roof rack on my MME but still haven’t set the visor garage door opener buttons on general principle because I can’t throw the visor in the glovebox?.

blheron

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
retired
Country flag
A Note those with ebikes, they are heaver and difficult to roof mount. Also "EV and Chill" did a you tube on mount suction racks on the MME.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
A Note those with ebikes, they are heaver and difficult to roof mount. Also "EV and Chill" did a you tube on mount suction racks on the MME.
Sponsored